IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG, I just saw an add in the paper today for the 2004 Tampa Bay International Auto Show (didn't even know one existed). I went to the website, and was lookin around at the "LATEST AUTOMOTIVE TRENDS SHOWCASED AT 2004-MODEL TAMPA BAY INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW" section, and noticed this...

Subaru - All Impreza models get a facelift and the WRX STi has a new 300-horsepower flat four and a premium package with a rear spoiler, power moonroof and more. (http://www.motortrendautoshows.com/tampa/04models.html)

Woohoo! Looks like theyre gonna have the 2005 STi 'concept' (or w/e u wanna call it), there. And there will be a sunroof! and premium package! The tampa bay convention center is literally a block and a half away from me, so I'll get some pics on the 15th, and put them up. Does anyone have somewhere I could host them, or know a free site?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: How to Hardwire your Radar Detector

"the WRX STi has a new 300-horsepower flat four and a premium package with a rear spoiler, power moonroof and more."

The 300hp and rear spoiler are both standard options on the '04 model. The moonroof and more might be new options of '05 :D !

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea... the feature list for a lot of things on that site is full of things that aren't exactly new. they talk about the Nissan Titan and Armada like they haven't even come out yet, and they say "Porsche also delivers its first-ever SUV, the Cayenne." Uh... thats been out for awhile...

But hey.. sunroof and premium package.. i'm all for it.. now its just a matter of when they're coming out so i can get one, heh.

Oh, and as a side note.. how stupid is this.. "The Chevrolet Cheyenne’s eye-catching futuristic styling will immediately catch the attention of auto show attendees." Cheyenne? What kind of idiot wouldnt realize that is a total copy of the Porsche Cayenne's name. And i was looking at the list of concept cars.. get this: "Historic touring automobiles, like the dual cowl 1940 Newport parade car, that were used to transport the elite, inspired the creation of the Chrysler Phaeton. " Wow, don't they realize there is already a new VW called the phaeton? American car companies sure have lost any and all originality in coming up with names... "Cheyenne and Phaeton".. gimme a break.....

ooooo... 15 more hp for the SRT-4... its getting really tempting.... too bad its american :lol:

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
the person that wrote that article has no clue i dont think... there was so much crap in there... premium package was introduced on the wrx in 04 wasnt it? this new "facelift" is probably because last years tampa motor show was b4 the 04 models were released. just my thoughts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pppfffttz! $378 for a set of mudflaps????

yea, id have to agree that whoever wrote it doesnt know too much, but i think that the premium package will be for the STi. the wrx premium package has the rear spoiler, weather package, and moonroof. there's already a spoiler on the sti, so i'm assuming it will be a different package. i wonder what it will have... but i'm glad about the moonroof. personally, i dont care about a few extra pounds. i think having a moonroof would be nice... get some sun in. just about all of the last few cars my family has had have had sunroofs... makes it feel a lot more open, less claustrophobic.. and who knows about the facelift... i would hope they atleast knew about the 04 model before writing that article, lol. if there is anything, ill bet its minor though

·
Registered
541 Posts
They're talking about the '04s, not the '05s. We already have the "new" 300 hp engine. And the premium package is for the WRX. And ANOTHER facelift after one MY? I don't think so.

"2004-Model" is even in the name of the show, as well as the URL.

·
Registered
260 Posts
ColonelSanders said:
Oh, and as a side note.. how stupid is this.. "The Chevrolet Cheyenne’s eye-catching futuristic styling will immediately catch the attention of auto show attendees." Cheyenne? What kind of idiot wouldnt realize that is a total copy of the Porsche Cayenne's name. And i was looking at the list of concept cars.. get this: "Historic touring automobiles, like the dual cowl 1940 Newport parade car, that were used to transport the elite, inspired the creation of the Chrysler Phaeton. " Wow, don't they realize there is already a new VW called the phaeton? American car companies sure have lost any and all originality in coming up with names... "Cheyenne and Phaeton".. gimme a break.....
The Chrysler Phaeton is a 1998 concept car so who exactly stole the name? :lol: http://www.supercars.net/garages/Duesey/53v2.html And Cheyennes have been around even longer. http://www.carsearch.com/740487.htm

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but what about the sunroof part? im assuming theyre referring to the 2005. how long has the WRX had the sunroof as an option? and what about premium package? i realize the 300 hp engine part is off, but based on how they state it, i think the premium package is also referring to the STi. ill just have to find out in 2 weeks...

·
Registered
2 Posts
reason there is no sunroof is because the twisting of the body with
horsepower and race driving would break the glass. Same reason why
we dont have split rear seat.Added strengh

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Future owner needs help

Split rear seat has nothing to do with structural strength....

And I HIGHLY doubt that enough body twisting does on during any driving that's sufficient to break a sunroof.....

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I thought the Canadian/JDM STi had the split rear seat. If it is for structural purposes, that means the Canadians have a weaker version. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Hehe nice photoshop skills there buddy :lol:

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
are seats an option on that car?

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Photoshop?? what's that? I made do with the limited tools I had...in Microsoft Paint! :lol:

Yep, headrests are an option. For weight savings. After all, a convertible will weigh more! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts