IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to a friend of mine who works at a Subaru dealership in Montreal, the dealership has already begun pre-orders for the 2005 STI, which is supposedly going on sale to the public in June.

According to him (recall this is a dealership talking so trustworthiness may not be 100%) there are very few changes between the 2004 and 2005, in fact he could only tell me 3 that he knew of:

1) 2005 will be available in a new colour, a titanium grey (darker grey)
2) 2005 will be outfitted with a new aerodynamic front skidplate from the WRC car
3) Rear fenders will be wider, once again a-la-WRC

Also, according him, there will *not* be a sunroof available on the 2005.

Once again, I got this info from a friend working at a dealership, so the reliability of it may not be total, but the facts mentioned are interesting.

Saturn

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
anther A/F ratio gauge question please help me

I hope STi owners here don't pull a nabisco once the new ones come out...

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
If #1 is true I'll be so happy. Dark grey (like seal grey etc) is my favourite colour choice so if the STi comes available in that colour, mmmmmm, I'll be a happy man this summer. I wonder if they'll offer a different colour interior? At least blue and dark grey go together.

As for power, I'd doubt that Subaru would bump it up so soon. I'd guess that MY06 will see the moderate power boost.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I see number 1 being the most plausible, followed by 2, then 3. I don't think they're going with wider rear fenders as that would require a pretty decent retooling.

Plus the splitter is easy to change for us old 04 guys (geez, it's only Feb 04 and we're talking about 05).

Dark grey is nicer than my psm, but I'll live :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
salem said:
bitabur said:
I hope STi owners here don't pull a nabisco once the new ones come out...
what do you mean by `pull a nabisco'?
nabisco = NASIOC

They got really mean to STi owners when the STi came out because it was faster than their WRX's and RS's.... Ego trip I guess. My cousin has a WRX and I can tell his ego takes a hit whenever I talk about getting an STi....

I don't wanna see people here w/ STi's getting jealous of 2005 STi owners because their car has 20 more hp or something like that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
nabisco = NASIOC

They got really mean to STi owners when the STi came out because it was faster than their WRX's and RS's.... Ego trip I guess. My cousin has a WRX and I can tell his ego takes a hit whenever I talk about getting an STi....

I don't wanna see people here w/ STi's getting jealous of 2005 STi owners because their car has 20 more hp or something like that.[/quote]

I don't think that any current STI owners would get jealous of the 05 STI owners-at least I'd hope not. If anything they should be happy!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
if you look back over the years it is very unusual for a manufacturer to dramatically change the appearance or performance of a car from year to year. unless of course it is a next generation model. i agree that the body will generally stay the same, the tooling is very expensive. also remember that the STi is not a special body styling, its still an Impreza so it would be extremely odd for Subaru to just change the Impreza STi. the Skidplate, thats a possibility. the additional color? if the rumor becomes truth i would guess that it would include the entire Impreza line. i know this was'nt mentioned but as far as an increase in power, doubtful. there is that CAFE thing. Average Fuel Efficency for the entire line. the STi is definately on the bottom of the Subaru line when it comes to miles per gallon. Subaru is'nt likely to do anything to lower it even further.

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
If the titanium grey looks like this picture, then I'm all over it as my colour choice. I really hope this rumour is true!

·
Registered
7 Posts
bitabur------> thx for the definition.

and I agree about the titanium grey color... it looks so aggressive, yet classy at the same time (is that possible?)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Saturn said:
3) Rear fenders will be wider, once again a-la-WRC
will they widen the rear track also? it'd look pretty dorky to have the wheels even further inside the fender than they are now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Digitalfiend said:
If the titanium grey looks like this picture, then I'm all over it as my colour choice. I really hope this rumour is true!

DAAAAYYYYUUUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

thats sweet :oops: (the evo in the picture)

T

·
0 Posts
All I know is that I was at the International car show this weekend in Toronto and they said they knew absolutely nothing about the 2005 STi. They did have info on other models for 2005 though.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
looks a little too much like a honda s2000 gray....I'll pass...even if it does come out with more power...i've already modded past what bump they could make 20-50 more hp. Haaaa! I'll be at 350whp by spring.And they will probably raise the price too....But i love my Black Beast. Peace

1 - 20 of 108 Posts