IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!
I just bought a 2004 WRX STI with 103k miles on it.
I am having some issues with ABS codes and couldn't find any diagnostic connectors besides the green connector.
Upon plugging the green connectors and attaching an OBD tool to read the codes I stumble upon a few (Attached pictures)
My concern is that I am getting the same exact codes you would get if you kept those connectors plugged but they aren't and the check engine flashes when its connected but stop when disconnected so it seems to be working fine.
I got a front left ABS sensor code and I fixed it with a new sensor and that code doesn't show anymore.
Output device Computer Gadget Personal computer Font

Here are the codes in the ABS module section and I am assuming a new ABS pump will fix this issue because now I only get the Code 52 and the 42 is intermittent. Code 23 was fixed with a new sensor though like I said above.

Output device Computer Personal computer Communication Device Font

Here is my concern in the main ECU DTC's page I am getting all these codes, the car starts fine but idles very high on warm up and jumpy RPM here and there, could be a leak or a bad tune. These codes are concerning because they are the exact ones as if the connectors are still plugged. I've reset the ECU many times with no luck with the green connector plugged and unplugged and still the same codes besides the front right wheel speed sensor which I fixed.

The car is overseas in Lebanon and I mainly live in the USA but go there to visit family and wanted to have something fun over there. I really want to fix all these electric issues before I start diving into the mechanical aspect and getting a proper tune with all preventative maintenance. If you read this far I really appreciate it and any information would be a huge help. I've owned a 2019 sti and a 2017 wrx before that I made them FBO with e85 and it was fun but nothing drived like this 2004 sti.

One ther weird thing when looking up the vin for this car it showed as a 2004 impreza and there were no specifics if it was sti or wrx but every single thing in the car to my knowledge has sti parts installed besides the blue carpet and the healight adjustment thingy is missing too. The key looked to be standard also. Please educate me on these beautiful time machines. Thank you!

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Window

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
100K plus miles most likely needs O2 sensors or clean grounds. Hopefully it's not a STi swapped STI because that could be an entirely different diagnostic path.
Thanks for the reply! So turns out it’s an 2004 wrx that was sti swapped, but everything’s is sti, not sure what model my motor is but the abs plug is still wrx upon unplugging it and checking electric wiring diagram. The ECU is def an STI one because when I looked at it, it only has 4 and said Denso in green.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts