IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi was just curious if any forum members have purchased US GP tickets yet?

I got mine today

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Haven't purchased em yet.....but they'll be getting ordered sometime soon. Not going to make the mistake of buying grandstand tickets again either....the infield with "GA" is where it's at!

M

·
0 Posts
I'll be there, haven't missed on yet since they came back to the states, :)

STi Meet!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah sounds like we should meet :)

Why is the grandstand a mistake? I'm just curious to the reasoning?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Just being able to be down no more than 10' from the cars........feel the wind coming off the wings.....not having to use binoculars.....getting to see them in the slowest part of the track and the second fastest at close range.....being able to walk around and see the backstretch and 5 different corners.....all for less than what a bad grandstand ticket goes for!

How's that? hehe

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
yxan2 said:
I got mine today
yep, purchased 'em the day after the race. when you say "got mine" you don't mean in the mail do you? in the past, i didn't get mine until end of august (for when the race was in september).

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yeah I meant as in just put the order in :)

yeah last year I got my tickets fairly late in the game too

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CloNeGTS said:
Just being able to be down no more than 10' from the cars........feel the wind coming off the wings.....not having to use binoculars.....getting to see them in the slowest part of the track and the second fastest at close range.....being able to walk around and see the backstretch and 5 different corners.....all for less than what a bad grandstand ticket goes for!

How's that? hehe
yeah that is a very good reasoning indeed :) I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet because I already bought the tickets :) seats that is but they seem nice, although the distance from cars is a bit far. I am worried though that if you dont buy any tickets it can be hard to get a good GA spot if there are a lot of other people there fighting for the same spot or?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
Just being able to be down no more than 10' from the cars........feel the wind coming off the wings.....
this'll be my 5th gp (pics from last year) and i don't know where you can get that close in the infield. (unless you're talking about the bridge over the track to/from the infield. ;)) the *only* place i remember where you're within maybe 20' is as they come off the bank onto the front straight. there's very small area down front (where they barely tolerate loitering) where those beasts come rocketing straight at you. very intense.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
yxan2 said:
I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet because I already bought the tickets :) seats that is but they seem nice, although the distance from cars is a bit far...
eh, i wouldn't worry about it. one "perk" of the grandstands on the front straight is you get the full effect of those engines. they, naturally, aren't as loud in the infield. and after a few laps have passed, you can leave our seat and walk around anywhere you want.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I was speaking specifically of just standing alongside the backstretch wall.....maybe it's not 10', but as they run wide coming onto the backstretch, they pull right out near you.

If you did buy grandstand seats, you can still get down into the infield. As far as getting a spot is concerned, we went down to watch the Porsche race and we had decent spots on the mound just out of turn 7. We sat there for a while through the start of the F1 race, but then everyone wanders around and looks different places.

M

·
0 Posts
I got my tickets yesterday, w00t.

I am so looking forward to Australia in 2 weeks.

FORZA FERRARI, :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts