IW STi Forum banner

2004 STi @ MSRP

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  CloNeGTS 
#1 ·
Oil brand/weight for STi??

I have just received word that we are getting an extra STI in our new allocation above our sold orders. We are selling all STi's at MSRP no more and no less. A description is listed below:

Black Exterior w/Silver BBS Wheels
Armrest Extention
Turbo Gauge
Auto Dimming Mirror/Compass
Wheel Lock Set
Security Upgrade System
$32,439 MSRP

A $500 deposit is required and it will hold the STi until you pick it up. It is scheduled to arrive at our dealership the first part of July. If anyone is interested you can reach me via email at jnissansau@aol.com or at 800-332-0290 and please ask for Chris Larson.

Chris Larson
Jim Miller Subaru
Cedar Rapids,IA

#7 ·
Goose, its all in how well you take care of Subaru's customers. Subaru has sent out a memo to all Subaru dealers that if they mark up the STi over invoice and continue to do this Subaru will take away some of their allocation and give it to other dealers who are following their rules.

I am in the business to sell cars and make people happy but not here to rip their heads of by marking them up THOUSANDS over MSRP. It is just good business sense. By taking advantage of customers this 1 time can cost you many repeat sales. The car business is all about repeat customers.

#8 ·
JMSUBARU said:
Subaru has sent out a memo to all Subaru dealers that if they mark up the STi over invoice and continue to do this Subaru will take away some of their allocation and give it to other dealers who are following their rules.
Really!?!? How can they tell if a dealer does mark it up more? Good for Subaru! Dealers are making money as it is at MSRP and to then mark it up even more is just not right.

#9 ·
The way Subaru is tracking who is selling STi's over MSRP is by cold calling the dealerships and also sending out internet inquiries and asking what they are selling them for. The are calling or emailing just like a interested consumer would. It is not illegal to sell any vehicle over the MSRP but Subaru is concerned about their consumers and want to make sure they are being treated fairly.

#11 ·
YES YES YES YES YES!

I'm very happy to hear Subaru is doing this. Dealers really are the image for a manufacturer, so it goes without saying when a dealer marks a vehicle up it sends out bad signals and hence degrades the image of the manufacturer. This makes it that much more important for everyone to report when a dealer is marking up cars so Subaru can address it and give the STi's to dealers who care. Way to go Subaru of America, and thank you Chris for sharing this information with us.

#13 ·
JMSUBARU said:
...By taking advantage of customers this 1 time can cost you many repeat sales. The car business is all about repeat customers...
Exactly! I wish all business owners would realize this, not just auto dealerships. Word of mouth is a powerful and free advertising tool...whenever a business pisses me off, I make it a point to "negatively advertise" for them. Either they will shape up, or they go out of business.

#14 ·
How about starting with Larry Miller in Boise, ID. They have a habit of marking up all their cars (I guess they really believe in the "stupid price" idea). Here's a picture of their sticker, with $5k over MSRP added:

Larry Miller Sticker

Too bad SOA didn't already take away their allocation -- the other dealer in town had three pre-sold orders at MSRP -- black/gold, blue/gold, and silver/silver. They got their first black car and sold it, so the others are waiting. Larry Miller got a blue/gold and silver/silver and have not sold them -- if they had been delivered to the other dealer, there would be two more happy customers now. Worse, it turns out that our region is out of blue/gold in the second allocation, so I'm getting a blue/silver instead and am having to find a wheel swap partner.

Ah well. Given that they got two and the straight dealer only got one, I guess it just shows that lying and taking advantage of people must work in the car business. Too bad, and you good dealers and salespeople -- ignore this paragraph and fight the good fight -- honesty pays, really!

#15 ·
Here's an email I just got from a local dealer... They're coming down $3,000 to only $4,800 over MSRP!

If you no longer wish to receive information regarding promotions and specials FROM Eastside Subaru,
please reply to this message with the word "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that I have lowered my Internet price on the STi.

I just received one. The price is $35,814. This is $3,000 less than they were selling for just 3 weeks ago.

Please let me know if you are interested as I just have one at this price. It still includes free oil changes for life.

As you already know this is one incredible car. Now is the time. The only thing this STi is missing is a driver. Come and get it.

=======
Jeremy O'Grady
Internet Sales Manager
Eastside Subaru

Please do not remove your Customer Number[60075153] from the subject line when you reply to this email.

#18 ·
car cover

i will never purchase a subaru from the dealer here in tucson. they were trying to mark up the 02 wrx when i inquired back in june of 01. needless to say i went out of town and paid no markup.

like a fool i called the tucson dealer about the sti... same ol', same ol'

now i'm looking at almost 1000 miles on a ricey black (green/gold/yellow kinda lookin black) '04 that i got from the same out of town dealer as the 02, again no mark up - traded in the 02 (drove up with my son - 500 miles each way).

reckon i'm a loyal customer to those who treat me fairly, and teaching consumer habits to my rice loving son while i'm at it...

oh yeah, almost forgot - this car is a HOOT! but at 110 outside i have to start laying on the ic spray a bit more - i hear krinkly, jangly noises when i get on it. doesn't do it if i drive like a pussy though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.