IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you will be travelling down to Mexico in March to spectate.

What better opportunity you think you'll have!

(Hey JJ, how about a photo-shoot out? SWRT crew in action, and ImprezaWRXSTI.com T-shirts/hats (or even a banner) on the back ground :) )

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WRC interest is pretty low I guess :(

Anyway, I'm planning on arriving at Leon(Guanajuato) on 11th noon. Shakedown starts @ 2PM, and is not far away to go back to city to watch the evening 'parc ferme' and the ceremonial start !

Don't forget that there will also be a lot of hard-core Gr.N STI's, like Toshi's full-blown one, last year's Production Champion car, another one driven by Alister McRae, etc. competing there...

·
Registered
575 Posts
how much money is the whole affair? I was worried about the accomodation around the event and being able to travel around in mexico

·
Registered
129 Posts
I dont speak any of the spanish and wouldnt know where to go. But if anyone's passing through San Antonio on the way and has room for a passenger I'd love to go.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
And with the Mille Pistes recce system being kicked out....it should be a much better experience.

I don't think I'm going to jump straight to a WRC rally without going to a more local ProRally event first.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stamford, CT here

yxan2, all you need to do is book a flight to Guanajuato (Leon). Hotels are dirt cheap (yesterday, plenty of decent rooms were still available from $29/night).
There will be spectator transportation to the stages(or I'll have a rental-car for the trip to stages, feel free to jump in), and the rest of the attractions are in Leon city.

nathansvt, I don't know spanish either, but I've been to -inland- Mexico few times, it's fairly easy to find your way arround.

cloneGTS, SCCA ProRally running format and the whole event atmosphere is awfully poor when compared to WRC.
I see you're in KS, I don't know which is the closest ProRally to you, possibly Colorado... http://www.scca.org/amateur/performance_rally/prorally/2004/index.html
If you'll ever consider driving to Chatanooga TN, I'll be running the NASA Eastern States Rally Championship this year http://www.nasarallysport.com/east/schedule.html

·
Registered
575 Posts
okie well dang you convinced me to look into this again :)

are you going to be flying in there as well or no?

·
Registered
575 Posts
what did you find a ticket for? assuming you are flying down there

I think i looked once at it and found tickets for about 500 flying from denver

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
yxan2 said:
what did you find a ticket for? assuming you are flying down there

I think i looked once at it and found tickets for about 500 flying from denver
RS-WRC is heading down to the Sandbalst rally tonight/tomorrow morning, and I suspect he will not be able to respond to you until at least Monday.

I just wanted to mention, so that you do not think he is ignoring the messages :)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Yes yxan2.

Finalizing it next week; we got all the components we needed, and we will have some where around 8 different packages; 3 street, 3 performance, and 2 track packages at this time. We might add one more performance and one track packages alter on. We are making the packages upgradable where appropriate, so you can move in progression :)

Thank you for your patience :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
sweet, :) I can not wait to get a Staged handling kit :) its about time they are offered too and not just power upgrades lol

funny place to be having this conversation isnt it

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
RS WRC said:
WRC interest is pretty low I guess....
i really hoped to it this year, but i'll have to wait until next year. last fall, i did some searching on the web for information on tickets, packages, etc, but i couldn't find anything. i'd like to know what tickets would cost. (room and board i'd expect to be dirt cheap.)

anyway, have a great time. take lots of pics. and i hope you bought an imprezawrxsti.com t-shirt & cap so we can spot you on tv. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts