Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What you get are all the parts necessary for installation, including:

JDM fog light kit (lights, switch, bolts, brackets, and light relay)
JDM fog trim/surround (prepainted by Subaru in your factory color)
JDM lightweight bumper beam (more info about this below)
JDM energy absorber for the lightweight bumper beam.

(thanks CREOWRX)

Scroll down for more pictures of white, black and blue cars with different fog light and car color combinations.

Will I have to buy anything else and will it work with my car?
You will not have to buy anything else to make this work. These will fit MY04 USDM WRXs (& Wagons) & USDM STIs. This unit is plug and play since your cars come prewired.

Those I have received payment from:
1. Jsemmler (beam, energy absorber, clear fogs, blue car)
2. Lost Angel (beam, energy absorber, blue fogs, black car)
3. TitoM (beam, energy absorber, clear fogs, silver car)
4. STIml8n (beam, energy absorber, multicolor fogs, black car)
5. Wonderspark (beam, energy absorber, multicolor fogs, silver car)
6. Jeepguru (beam, energy absorber, clear fogs, black car)
7. 04stister (beam, energy, absorber, multicolored fogs, blue car)

Price = $629 shipped to your door (lower 48 states; others extra).

Add $19 for blue fog lights (see below for pics) or $38 for multicolor fog lights (see below for pics).

How can payment be made?

If you want to use a credit card and pay by paypal, then please add 3.5% to cover fees. If you have verified funds/cash and want to use paypal, then there is no fee. I also will accept personal checks, money orders, and cashier's checks and cash (only if you conceal it in the envelope).

If you have any questions, email me at ktidwell123 @ yahoo.com or call me at 310-383-3623. If you email me, please specify your name, email, shipping address, phone number, color of your car, color of the fog light you prefer, you intend to pay based on the payment methods listed below.

When will I receive the package?

It is expected to arrive at your door 7-12 days and will be shipped directly from Japan

Do I need the JDM beam and energy absorber?

No, but the JDM beam is specifically designed to accommodate the JDM fog lights. To use your factory beam will require a slight modification to your stock beam. I cannot advise you on how to perform such an alteration because I have never had the opportunity to do so. If you do not want the JDM bumper beam, I can get you the fog light kit less the beam and energy absorber at $390 shipped, just email me. As with any other modification, the JDM beam is for off road use only.

If you want to see the difference between the JDM and USDM beam, here is a photo with the USDM beam on top and JDM beam on the bottom:

[supplied by CreoWRX]

Is there really a noticeable improvement in performance from the JDM beam?

Removal of weight off the front end of your vehicle especially in that area before the front wheels will yield a significant handling improvement. But do not believe me, here is what another imprezawrxsti.com member had to say about the benefits of the beam at: http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=65388#65388[/b]

olappa said:
BIG BIG DIFFERENCE in left to right movement, and decreased understeer too. Just to get an idea of what that weight is like, hold a 25 lb sack of potatoes in your arms and try to shimmy your body side to side - then try that same move without the 25 lbs.....While the STi weighs considerably more than the average man, the inertial effect of heavier USDM bumper beam is still significant and can be felt immediately when swapped for the JDM Beam.
What do the fog light colors look like?

Clear (suggested for fog)

Blue fog lights (suggested for rain)

Multicolor fog lights (recommended for snow unless you just like the way it looks)

How do I install them?

Installation is not difficult. I will send you a link with photos and instructions or you can follow the pictures in the instructions that come with it.

Legal disclaimer: *These are for offroad use only*

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
emailed you.

Edit: More pics

CREOWRX supplied these of his ride:

The following were found from the search effort of CREOWRX who located them on an EVO site :

These are compliments of Dr.Evyl for locating them and STiBoy who is the owner of this fine steed:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Still interested... do you know how much extra the blue/yellow lights cost? I definitely want those.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Count Me IN! i'd like the blue/yellow as well.

·
Registered
399 Posts
the pic of the black STi is the color that i want, i guess you would call it the multi-colored ones.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am also in. Not sure of what color, but I have found the fog lamp kit here in the US with free shipping if the numbers match up and it is cheaper to just order beam and absorber. email me.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hey, is this GB still open, or has it been closed now? I'd like to get in on it, if possible.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
front license mounts

trevor456 said:
Do the foglights just turn on with the headlights when they are wired up or is there a a on/off switch somewhere?
There is a switch for the foglights, so you can turn them on and off. If you want the foglights to turn on with the headlights, you just leave it on, but if you want the foglights to light up by themselves, you will have to do one additional modification. If you do a search on NASIOC or here, you will find some information about. Also, scoobymods probably has a write up on it.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Please specify the following if you are interested:

What color your car is AND
What color fog light you want

If you say you are interested, please PM me your name and home telephone number, so I can contact you.

Final price shipped is $636 for the clear. Add $17.56 for blue fog lights and $36.60 for multicolor fog lights. Shipping will take 7-10 days to arrive to me after this is ordered; I will turn around and ship these out the following weekend, so estimate two weeks from the date I place the order.

I am updating the original post

·
Registered
575 Posts
does it included the lightweight bumper beam so that you can properly moun them or? Sorry if it has been covered but I just couldnt seem to find it in your post

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.