IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
code P1086 day wtf is going on

Congratulations to Subaru and Petter Solbert.
what a race, imagine his car was wrecked during
the shakedown and now he clinched that Rallye.

Great Race, good for Subaru & Petter.

One thing though, the Impreza + Pirelli
on Dry tarmac doesn't seem to be cutting it
with the 306's. could it be the tire or
the Subie's setup is not optimized for it?

Anyway what a relief!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yep! Great rally and a much needed win for Petter. His mechanics sure kept him in the fight.

I hope he can do well at Catalunya next weekend. If he stays in the top 5 in Spain he should be able to do well in GB since he won there last year. That could mean he might have his first World Championship!

It sure is awesome to think that the current #2 and #3 in the WRC championship will be driving for Subaru next year!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Subaru has never been a tarmac car per say. This is their first tarmac win since 1998 I believe, not counting Tommi's win last year at Monte. The car just isn't quite as small and tailored as the other cars, never really has been. I think they just plan to hold their own on tarmac, kick some hiney on gravel and win it that way.

BTW.....it's Solberg....the 206 is the current car and the 307 is coming next year. ;) Sorry, poking fun!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
aw man, you can't go around revealing race results in the title of a thread! call it " 2003 Tour De Cours: spoiler" or something. drat. i haven't watched the rally as yet. anyway, fantastic result and congrats to subaru, petter, and us. ;)

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
did anyone else like the answer from petter on the last service of day two? when asked what would his tire choice be he replied "pirelli" lol, thought that was great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts