IW STi Forum banner

200,000 miles (almost)

Other 
79K views 214 replies 83 participants last post by  Another04STI 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, I'm at 199,680 miles on the '04.

List what you want to know about the car and I will reply.

If you desire pics, I will post to timdemerjian.blogspot.com

#84 ·
Skeeler, how's the car holding up cosmetically? I'm guessing w/ subaru's paint quality and 200k miles I'm four seasons driving not so well.. Not to mention the soft body panels/doors that seem to attract dents, I remember buddy of mine had an 04 wrb and his hood scoop had paint peeling of it @ 60k miles .. I hope mine holds up better than that .. But anyway lol.. How's it look after all that travel?

#87 ·
The front bumper/spoiler is sand blasted and the front of the hood is pocked a bit, otherwise, the paint is in excellent condition for the mileage. I don't tailgate very much due to the great torque allowing me to slip around the slower drivers.

#85 ·
Wirelessly posted

^^^ I'm at 82.5k and my paint looks like its been sandblasted, and I don't tailgate!

#97 ·
Paint is holding up well, except for the anticipated areas of wear -- front lip, door handles, rubber bump stops on hood and trunk lid. Arms on trunk lid squeak like crazy, now -- WD 40'd every friction area I could think of and it barely made any difference. It squeaks even when it's closed and I'm driving.

What I hate the most is -- rear struts are so shot, I have to anticipate the back-end will hop and skip and really have to "think" my stops and turns. :(

#101 ·
A little white lithium lube will quiet the squeaks in the trunk. WD40 is crap.

You're my mileage hero!

#125 ·
WOW, just checked back in on the milage thread.....nice to see you're still goin' skeeler. Goes to show you they last if you don't push the power. :) If I were ever to buy another STi (which is HIGHLY unlikely) first mod will be upgraded internals. After that, the mods would begin, especially if it's a DD AGAIN.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.