IW STi Forum banner

161 - 180 of 211 Posts

·
1st Member: 250k Mile Club
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Diggin' this up...

Any mileage updates Skeeler? Still running like a champ?
It's my 41'st b'day, today, and I'm exhausted. STi was a champ through the snow on I-5 up from Seattle. Two nights in a row and little sleep (well, I did sleep 10 hours yesterday at the hospital because of the storm, but still tired enough Rockstars x 2 really didn't do justice).

Flipped past 243,000 miles on the way home. Pleasure driving it up to Mt. Baker (deepest snowpack of any resort in North America at this time)!

Still waiting on word from the insurer for the trucker who sideswiped my car back on 7/11/11 and rolled the fender lip underneath. Back bumper also has some damage and would like to get the car back to "nice" appearance in time for the 1/4 Million mile mark. I expect that to happen somewhere around March.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's my 41'st b'day, today, and I'm exhausted. STi was a champ through the snow on I-5 up from Seattle. Two nights in a row and little sleep (well, I did sleep 10 hours yesterday at the hospital because of the storm, but still tired enough Rockstars x 2 really didn't do justice).

Flipped past 243,000 miles on the way home. Pleasure driving it up to Mt. Baker (deepest snowpack of any resort in North America at this time)!

Still waiting on word from the insurer for the trucker who sideswiped my car back on 7/11/11 and rolled the fender lip underneath. Back bumper also has some damage and would like to get the car back to "nice" appearance in time for the 1/4 Million mile mark. I expect that to happen somewhere around March.
You sir, are my hero... happy birthday to you as well. Keep her going, your car has definitely been an inspiration for me!

·
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
thats really impressive! still the stock block tranny and stuff?
Stock block and tranny. Only improvements/maintenance on engine has been new timing belt and idler/tensioner pulleys at 100k intervals, spark plugs at 70k intervals, oil changes at 3-10k, depending on driving, and valve cover gaskets at around 220,000 miles. My Subaru estimates on previous service data that I should be at 246,000 miles. 1st clutch was replaced at 142,000 miles; nowhere close to needing to replace the 2nd.

·
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Great thread! When did you have the head gasket changed out?
Ironically, I've never had the head gasket changed. From what I hear about the reputation of our head gaskets/heads, I'm the exception!

161 - 180 of 211 Posts