IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 211 Posts

·
1st Member: 250k Mile Club
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
this is still on the stock engine?
Definitely is on stock engine. If I didn't have the clutch changed out at 142,000 miles, it might still be good.

Brake rotors were changed out at 140,000. Brake pads usually last around 50 to 60k.

·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
+1 I know you said they would be on that other site. But come on we are lazy and want to see it in the thread. :D
Well, I thought I was being lazy by not posting the pics, yet, but I do have other things to do besides continue this love affair with this awesome car. I'll tell you what, as soon as Best Buy gets done repairing my laptop, I will take a slew of pics and upload them. I'm working 60 hours a week, so maybe the "woman" will go for me purchasing a membership.

I still want to take this beast on a cross-country road trip someday. I really don't mind the lack of comfort.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
200,000 miles is a great achievement in such a performance oriented car! I have 52k on mine right now and its been good 4 past years with the car.

I know you said you didn't do any mods, but I hope you put some kind of stereo in your car to enjoy all these hours you've been driving for past 200k miles! :lol: (04 didn't have factory stereo right?)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well, I thought I was being lazy by not posting the pics, yet, but I do have other things to do besides continue this love affair with this awesome car. I'll tell you what, as soon as Best Buy gets done repairing my laptop, I will take a slew of pics and upload them. I'm working 60 hours a week, so maybe the "woman" will go for me purchasing a membership.

I still want to take this beast on a cross-country road trip someday. I really don't mind the lack of comfort.
Totally understandable. I don't have much time myself. thank you.

·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I know you said you didn't do any mods, but I hope you put some kind of stereo in your car to enjoy all these hours you've been driving for past 200k miles! :lol: (04 didn't have factory stereo right?)
What's a stereo?

I plug in Sony Digital Studio headphones into my BlackBerry Storm and also use them as my hands-free device while driving. Cuts down a tad on the road noise and can hear the clear high's and some decent low's without blowing out my ears.

I've had a stero available for about a year, now, it still sits in a box in my office.

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
What's a stereo?

I plug in Sony Digital Studio headphones into my BlackBerry Storm and also use them as my hands-free device while driving. Cuts down a tad on the road noise and can hear the clear high's and some decent low's without blowing out my ears.

I've had a stero available for about a year, now, it still sits in a box in my office.
Right on! The iPod and headphones weigh less than a stereo anyway. lbs = hp!

·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Subaru should put your car in a commercial or give you something because that is great!
I agree! I haven't yet contacted SOA, but I really should!

I'm well on pace for making it to 210,000 by September 24th, to maintain my minimum of 30k per year. It is now at 205,000!

Will be doing some drifting on grass on my new pasture soon. Just got done cutting down the 4' tall grass for the cows.

41 - 60 of 211 Posts