21 - 40 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
prescribed maintenance?

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
Awesome story I love my 2004 STI I got and it only has 5600 miles on it so I gotta along way to go to get to you. I only drive 22 miles a day to work, but I drive it every chance I get. I know what you mean, they don't make a car like these anymore and it's so sad:( Great story! You only live once so why not drive it? If it breaks fix it. I know people that leave them in the garage and never drive them. Well we all die someday so enjoy it and you have done that my friend and that's awesome. I take care of my cars but I drive them. That's why I buy them, to drive!

·
Registered
14,805 Posts
96k here, but almost everything on the car has been upgraded/replaced with aftermarket upgrades-Recaro seats (gotta have) that completely changed the experience, Ohlins struts (no more replacing struts), CarLabs X-brace (completely tightened the chassis), and much more chassis stiffening bits that makes the car feel solid and very connected. I get such a kick out of doing things to it and changing the experience. Then after awhile doing something else to change again. Why buy a new car?! Slap an EL header on it and it is like a whole new car!

I bought the car to drive and enjoy. And drive it I have! No regrets for the mileage. It has been a hoot!
:lol: Everytime I picture my car in a few years your STI comes to mind. I wont have the same mods as you but I can see myself modding and replacing just about every aspect of the car like you have... not once but multiple times. :tup:

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Heard that subaru engineers designed the block to last 500,000 miles.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Sounds great Skeeler!! Glad to see your still enjoying the car. I would have loved to be competing with you for the milage title, but it was too much of a risk when I was heavily modded and pretty new still. I do miss the 04 STi, but if I ever want to see it again all I have to do is PM sk8ter to take her for a ride :p.

Right now I have just under 90k on my 07 that's still pretty modded and I can't complain. The only pain in the azz to me are gauges. It seems like every company I try, they only last like 50k miles before they die out. The sending units in them are crap!!

All I can as is I think I have the most miles behind the wheel of an STi....if you count 2 STi's. LOL If I total it it becomes 220,000 give or take a thousand. :) Still in the long run I'm no Mario Andretti.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
You only live once so why not drive it? If it breaks fix it. I know people that leave them in the garage and never drive them. Well we all die someday so enjoy it and you have done that my friend and that's awesome. I take care of my cars but I drive them. That's why I buy them, to drive!
you should take your own advice and drive your car. 5600 miles on an 04 sounds like a car that just sits. Even if your work is only 20 miles.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I've had my '05 for 6 years, and only have 60k on it. Must be slackin'! :lol:
Me too:lol: 30k miles here, 1 mile on her when I picked her up. Congrats on the mileage, make sure to take a pic and post it up. You might even want to send SOA a pic and be sure to tell them that its a 2004 with decent ringlands:lol:, you might get a lil recognition.

·
1st Member: 250k Mile Club
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well, I took a pic at 200,200 with the tripometer at 200.0 last night, just 10 miles from home.

21 - 40 of 211 Posts