IW STi Forum banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
1st Member: 250k Mile Club
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Yup, next week, I'll be at 252525 with the trip meter at 2525. I'll make it a point to snatch a pic for ya!

It is ironic that exactly 8 years after driving off the lot, the odometer read 234,567 and I also timed it right for the trip meter to read 8901 at the same moment. Six months later, exactly, the odometer hit 250,000.

I don't plan it to work out where and when the milestones will happen, but my guessing is accurate to the1/4 mile at the 100,000 and 200,000 mile mark. I honestly don't recall where the 150,000 mile mark took place.

I think that Subaru should have a 'badge of honor' that is higher in mileage than their 100,000 threshold.

I also am a fanatic about speedskating on ice (I compete), that SOA should also make a badge for that.

·
1st Member: 250k Mile Club
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
I replaced the original motor at 333,235 miles, due to the development of a rod knock. Compression was still within normal limits.

Now, I have forged internals (balanced), new VF39, lightweight aluminum flywheel, performance clutch, catless uppipe, lightweight pulley, air/oil separator, Perrin intake, and a few other mods. 1500 miles on the new block and amazed at the pulls!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Very impressive!

Must be the highest mileage chassis as well...

I'm proud of 187,000 miles...original...with a new engine on the stand-more power!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I replaced the original motor at 333,235 miles, due to the development of a rod knock. Compression was still within normal limits.

Now, I have forged internals (balanced), new VF39, lightweight aluminum flywheel, performance clutch, catless uppipe, lightweight pulley, air/oil separator, Perrin intake, and a few other mods. 1500 miles on the new block and amazed at the pulls!
Holy crap, keep that thing going! Yours must be highest mileage 04 STI. If you contact SOA they might do something for it? :D

I'm only at 101k, still hundreds of thousands to go...

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

Insane. Equally amazing is that that doors haven't fallen off. Seriously, I have an old jeep I'm surprised keeps running, but the mechanical side of things is definitely going to outlast the rest. I replaced a door pin like a year ago and it's already sagging again

·
Registered
863 Posts
This thread is the only reason i haven't sold my '08 yet. i'm just about to hit 150k miles. OE stock everything motor and clutch wise but the 08 was soft so i had to get coils and sways. That said the little things are starting to hit the wallet. had a wheel baring go, radiator, one of air pump valve went (this was a kick to the pants at $700), ocv went, valve covers and the ac pump went in the last 2 years. but otherwise she purrs and pulls like she always has.

I'm with you though keep the motor stock , regular maintenance, drive it like a car and any time you notice any thing new going on take it to the dealer and have them take a look at it.

love this thread!

201 - 211 of 211 Posts