IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Just picked up a 20 wrb.
Looking forward to simply enjoying the car. So far have been keeping it under 4k, and breaking it in easy.

Got my winters on recently; went with the silver oem bbs wheels on michelin x-ice3.
Also had to get the oem window rain guards.

Hope to get some mudflaps and some crossbars on soon.

Sorry for the phone quality pics. :(

2.PNG

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I picked up some Remark deletes. Went with the 4" rolled. Installed them this morning.
Interestingly, so I've seen a few 2015 guys, and the midpipe seems to have one tube-style resonator.
When I took a looked at my midpipe at the shop, it seems to have a larger, box type resonator. I understand the midpipes were revised for the 2018+? for larger diameter, didn't think there would be a change to the resonator.

Anyways, got them on. A lot quieter than I thought they would be compared to a friend of mine who was running the same setup on his 2016. The look is great.
If only cold start wasn't so loud, I'd do the midpipe, but for now I think I'll keep things civilized for my neighbors.

3.png

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A roof rack adventure.

So I set out to get a roof rack. My first instinct was to head to the dealership to pick up the OEM cross bar set. So, I ended up purchasing the vehicle specific kit, SOA367031.
Honestly, I do not know what was up with this kit but, for me it was awful. I couldn't line up the screw holes to be able to secure it to the roof. Not sure if it was the fact that the screws were so short to engage the roof mounting points, or the fact that there is absolutely no play in the cross bars that everything has to line up perfectly for the whole thing to work. I tried for about 3 hours, and gave up. Brought it to the dealership, they also couldn't get it to fit. I ended up returning it out of sheer frustration.
OEM.PNG

Ended up just going with the the Thule, and even though it was more money, the product and install was far superior to the OEM ones. I wish I had just gone the Thule route in the first place.

Thule.PNG

Test.PNG

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Happy New Year all.

Received a Maxton Rear Gurney over the holidays.
Nice easy install with 3m tape. The fit and finish are good. The top surface is a nice gloss black. I wish they carried the gloss black over to the back of the gurney, however it is unfinished polyurethane. All in all though, adds a nice touch to the back wing.

G1.PNG

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was unsure about the oem front lip at first. But after countless hours of browsing other aftermarket solutions, decided to stick with oem for the fitment and ease of install.
I think it truly does complete the front end. It gives it more angles and the illusion that the front bumper is more square than it is; especially on the sides.
L1.PNG

·
Registered
532 Posts
Nice! The OEM lip on my 2017 fit well and took a beating without cracking. The newer one is growing on me but I’m unsure about the side winglets. Without them would look cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! The OEM lip on my 2017 fit well and took a beating without cracking. The newer one is growing on me but I’m unsure about the side winglets. Without them would look cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I agree, at some angles the winglets look aggressive, but other angles they look odd and out of place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, approaching spring I got my rims powder coated.
It was so hard to choose a shade of gold.
Anyways, I'm not sure I'm totally happy with the color.
It seems too yellow at certain angles, but other angles it looks fine.
Arguably could have gone a little darker or maybe more bronze- not sure.

But maybe it'll grow on me.
pc.PNG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts