IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
COG Rally in Colorado

My family and i are looking at the outback, and we we're wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Also we we're very impressed with the H-6 and were wondering if you thought it was worth the money.
Now for the part that deals with this forum. Both dealers we visited when i asked them about the STi said it was definitely coming in june 2003. They also said they will be bringing over the STi parts line as well. Both said 272 hp and limited production. I was skeptical when the first dealer said it. But when both said the exact same thing without me asking specifics, i believed it. One of them said they found out on I-club. I looked and couldn't find the post, but if you guys could look for it and post the link i can think of a few people who would appreciate it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is priceless, I cannot believe how dumb the vast majority of dealers are. If I read your post correctly one of the dealers told you this information and said he got it off of I-Club. I wonder when I-Club became an official news board for the dissemanation of information from SOA to Subaru dealers.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
I just got my WRX three weeks ago and the dealer said August '03. That's pretty much the consensus.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sea of dunes said:
One of them said they found out on I-club.
:roll:
Unfortunately car salesmen are normally the last to know and obviously not bright enough to consider the source. Most people do not trust a car sales man who says that "grandma only drove to church on Sunday", but for some reason they are trustworthy when it comes to informing the public about officially unreleased automotive facts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
You've got to see this!

August 03??
The Dealer meeting is in Miami at the end of May. Thats when the launch is scheduled. We should see the first allocation in June. Everything I've heard says June. It really would be foolish to have a National Dealer Meeting at the end of May and not have the Sti until August. I will see alot of Subaru personell at a training session in the morning. I will be glad to ask again. Its been really dificult getting information about the Sti out
of anyone from Subaru, so unless you have an opportunity to speak with regional managers some people may have to use the I-Club as a source.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts