IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to purchase a used 2018 WRX-STI from a local Sub dealer yesterday. I have them doing some last minute work on it before I pick it up (wheels were rashed, tire bubble). I didn't see any leaks or red flag issues but I did notice that the coolant level was at the low line. Since the dealer was insisting that the car was "Babied" by the previous owner, and had all 4 wheels rashed to shit, I insisted that they pressure test the pistons just in case. After they are done, I am taking it to my mechanic for peace of mind. Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for when I take it over to my guy?

Other than that, I want to Autocross and Track this car> are there any local groups that get together and meet at any of the nearby tracks?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I decided to purchase a used 2018 WRX-STI from a local Sub dealer yesterday. I have them doing some last minute work on it before I pick it up (wheels were rashed, tire bubble). I didn't see any leaks or red flag issues but I did notice that the coolant level was at the low line. Since the dealer was insisting that the car was "Babied" by the previous owner, and had all 4 wheels rashed to shit, I insisted that they pressure test the pistons just in case. After they are done, I am taking it to my mechanic for peace of mind. Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for when I take it over to my guy?

Other than that, I want to Autocross and Track this car> are there any local groups that get together and meet at any of the nearby tracks?
So the Long Island Autocross guys are a great club. Also the North Jersey guys use Metlife stadium. I also recommend you take the trip to Pocono Raceway or Thunderbolt in Southern Jersey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the Long Island Autocross guys are a great club. Also the North Jersey guys use Metlife stadium. I also recommend you take the trip to Pocono Raceway or Thunderbolt in Southern Jersey
I've done NJMSP and Poconos before on my Bike. But I had to join NESBA for track day access. Is there anything like that for cars?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts