IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we are entering winter, but I am already looking forward to the summer. Does anyone have any info on a 19" wheel and tire combo? I am sure enough of us are going to be upsizing to and 18", I would like to fit a 19" if possible. I see no problem with stock suspension, but I am soon to add TEIN coilovers and wonder how much of a drop will be possible with this combo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i worked at a tire shop and went threw this all the time

recently i did a 225 35 20 and a 295 25 22 on a s10 in our club

YES 295 25 22 not easy to mount

225 45 17 is stock size on a sti
225 40 18 would be in the 18 inch rim
225 35 19 would be in a 19 inch rim but id get a 235 35 19 or some said a 245 would fit or a 245 35 19 tire

that would keep your same sidewall so you would have no probs with speedo in a 225 35 19 but 235 35 19 will be a tad bigger like 1/4 inch and 245 35 19 1/2 inch

·
Registered
546 Posts
19's will fit and they look awesome

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
wow, that's tight! How do your kidneys feel after a long ride though? :wink:

·
Registered
524 Posts
35 profile, talk about repairing rims every time the wheels go over any ridge/sharp drop or rise/hole on the street. Not fun when you bend a rim and all the air leaks out in a hurry....not to mention getting the rim fixed

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
wow, that does look nice. but i'm sticking with the 17's. not all the roads in my area are smooth and i like driving in the dirt too. 19's would get destroyed.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
yeah that red is sharp. the unpainted CF just doesn't work for me though.

·
Registered
546 Posts
crashsti said:
wow, that does look nice. but i'm sticking with the 17's. not all the roads in my area are smooth and i like driving in the dirt too. 19's would get destroyed.
I think imma get the exact same rims but in gold when i get my sti just got the summer! 8)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks pretty :roll: with the unpainted scoop, or hood if you prefer painted CF hoods. Nonetheless, it does look pretty sharp overall.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
SnowbordrWRX said:
the unpainted CF just doesn't work for me though.
Generally that's my opinion too. CF looks neat close up but otherwise just looks like someone was too lazy to paint their car. I think a lot of people leave it as is for cost, and so that people will know they have a CF hood, etc.

I do like the looks of this car, though... not sure it would look much better with the hood/trunk painted, actually.

EDIT: I take it back. It would look nicer all painted. :D

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
downpipe and turbo back

Yeah, I think CF unpainted looks good only if you have a black car. I was thinking paint the entire hood, and for the trunk, put a small vinyl STi logo in the corner and paint the rest of it. Then peel off the STi logo so you see the CF. ESPECIALLY that red, I'd want the WHOLE car red!

Ooh. I better stop here. This is becoming an Exterior thread... :oops:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts