IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little history about me... I've been a member here for over 10 years. I've had three Evo's, two Evo VIII's and an IX. I also owned an 05 STI. I loved every one of them but thought it was time for a change.

The GTS Viper has been my child hood dream car ever since I can remember. I had the chance to make the child hood dream come true last month and I pulled the trigger on a 1997 Viper GTS with 19k miles single owner. It already had a few tasteful mods done to it which I would've done anyway so it was a win/win.

Mods that came with the car are:
B&M short throw shifter
MGW Shift knob
Gen 4 Viper wheels
K&N Smooth tubes
Porsche front brake wind deflectors
Skip shift eliminator (from the factory Dodge implemented a feature that would force you to shift from first to 4th if you stayed below a certain RPM. This is solely a emissions thing to make the GOVT happy)

Mods I've done:
IPSCO billet power steering pulley (OEM is plastic and has been known to break)
IPSCO reinforced power steering bracket
Bi Xenon 6500k upgrade kit (replaces factory projectors)

These are the following things I have planned for the car in no particular order except for the paint correction and protection.

Full paint correction and ceramic glass coating for protection
M&M headers and high flow cats
BC Racing coilovers
OZ Challenge/CCW Classic/CCW SP600 wheels
Toyo R888 with new wheels
Greg Good Racing head and cam package. Good for 600rwhp/600rwtq

I need a real camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congrats! Awesome color and I love the stripe delete, don't see many like that. Also thank you for your service!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks really nice. Its a nice change of pace from all the Corvette's out there.
I narrowed it down to 3 cars with a low/mid $40k budget. The GTS Viper, C6 Z06, 6 speed single turbo Supra.

I knew I wanted something rare so the Vette was out even though you are getting the most for your money with it being the newest and easiest to modify. Then I wanted something in really good condition. That knocked the Supra out because unless you go into the high 40's low 50's you will be buying something with at least 70k miles on it with multiple owners. If you do find a low mileage one it will be nearly stock. Low mileage original 6 speed tt cars converted to a single turbo will easily run high 50's maybe even low 60's which.

Viper is the rarest out of the three easily. In a perfect world I would own all 3. :lol:
Congrats! Awesome color and I love the stripe delete, don't see many like that. Also thank you for your service!
It's not a stripe delete they made plenty of all red Vipers. They did also make them with red/white red/silver and I think maybe red/black.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Little update, painted the wheels black. Looks a lot better IMO.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts