IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker, first time poster. Looking for suggestions and experience from fellow owners on suspension upgrades.

I am moving along the suspension mod path waiting for Cobb's Blackfriday sales before pumping power into the 19 with E85 and a 20g.

So far i have the following:
Whiteline Centerline roll kit.
Whiteline BSK019 kit consisting of Front/rear sway bars and lateral links and bracing.

Looking for Coilovers recommendations for a 70/30 Split for Weekend mountain windy roads and maybe 10 track days a year. While getting that fender gap undercontrol.

Been trying to research but suspension is highly subjective to owner. I like the firm handling of the stock suspension, but would like a more confidence inspiring setup in windy mountains where if i hit a bump/rock, it's not sending me to whatever side made contact like its doing now.

Budget for coilovers alone is 1500-2800. Would like to keep it to the lower scale as much as possible unless factors like easy serviceability, and overall quality is improved.

HKS, Fortune Auto gen 7 500, Ohlins, RCE, and Feal have all popped up for viable suspension options for what I want to due with the car.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have Ohlins Road and Track sprung and valved a bit stiffer than normal, along with RCE adjustable sways, and I'm very happy with their track performance.

·
Vendor
268 Posts
Chris runs our Ohlins Track Package. I personally spent 30+ days a season for several years developing these in my 11' STI. We're now building a nutty 16 STI shop track car and we're running this same suspension. Yeah we could run TTX and they do work amazing, but that money was better spent on a sequential transmission since our Ohlins Track Package works plenty well.

Some notable features are proper spring rates on our Ohlins; 500/600 standard (other options available). Of course the drastic spring rate change dictates revalving, while we're at it some internal changes are made to allow different spring lengths. This allows a wider front tire than you could normally run.

Our track package pushes your budget a bit but it's a great package and works REALLY well.

I'd suggest a roll center correction kit, rear LCAs and some RCE sway bars to round out the package. All of that stuff can be found here.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Spent the last few weekends of researching on different setups, but Last night i Ended up ordering Feal 442's from MAP Due to the Great price and Odi is less than 30 mins from my house and I pass through His location a lot on my canyon runs.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I recommend the Tarmac 2 by RCE which are more track focus compared to the standard KW V3 coilovers. Great for daily driving and trace use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts