IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we need a post to discuss this. Im 16 and i drive an STi. I do get crap for it but i really ignore it. I did not pay for the car and I know I am really very spoiled to be driving such an amazing car. But I would like to find out how many other 16 year olds are driving this car. Also the STi was not my first car.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I drive an STi also. I'm also 16. I also do get a lot of sh*t. I mean I freakin earned this car. Add up all the money you used from elementry till now and I'm pretty sure you'll have enough money to buy a few STis. I didn't have a life when I was a kid. I never went to the movies. I never went out. I never spent any of my money. I had my eyes focused on a Honda Acura Integra. Which I did not get as my first car. But still I saved everythign I had. All my birthday money, chrismas money, I even picked up pennies off the ground that I found.

Suck it up haters. Did you ever have a laptop when you were kids? OR even CELL PHONES! Probably not. But kids these days have them. I've seen freaking teenagers with credit cards. Hell I even have one! Technology is growing rapidly. At least get the whole story before you say "SPOILED ROTTEN" (quote by deneed4spd). I hate it when f*cking people jump down your throat when it wasn't called for. I know get back at them isn't called for either. I mean I know a kid who got a Porsche Cayenne for his first car. I don't call him spoiled. I call him f*cking lucky. But I refuse to call him spoiled until I figured out how he got this car. Maybe he is spoiled. Or maybe he earned it. You never know. SO GET THE FACTS FIRST BEFORE CALLING NAMES! DAYMN HATERS!

·
Registered
17 Posts
It doesnt matter what u say because you are still a spoiled little brat. Just because you picked some pennies off the ground doesnt mean you earned the right to drive a $32k car. You probably havent even worked a hard day in your life. I dont know about anyone else on this forum, but I dont want to own a car unless I payed for it myself. I am only 19 and I have purchased two cars so far and completely payed them both off by myself with my current one being a 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S. Oh yeah LaZy4zNbOi I have to pay for my insurance too. So dont cry because people called you spoiled because you obviously are. :wink:

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Whoah whoah. . . . why the hating?

I would at least give these guys some credit for wanting to learn more about their cars by coming up here on this site and asking questions / performing research. That's NOT the mark of someone who's spoiled. Someone who's spoiled would PAY someone else to do all this work for them. :p

·
Registered
376 Posts
i too feel the same way...

im a 22 year old that has also been blessed with an sti as a graduation gift....yes i do belive my self to be spoiled, and in no way do i deserve this at all...however i did not beg like a little baby for the car or have been constantly nagging my parents in anyway, if at all, i would never bring up the topic, because i knew that i didn't want a brand new car bought for me....besides why should i get a 30000 dollar gift for any reason? my parents decided to make it a gift and yes again im lucky...im not a punk kid who thinks he's the **** in the car, i do have a humble approach to it when im driving...i do respect those who've earned the car...putting in long hours at work, to save up and make payments for this thing...trust me you guys are respected in my book for doing it on their own...

frankly, im just sick and tired of people just giving me that "look" ....that look taht says, "uh huh, you spoiled brat, what did you do to deserve that?" why must i be looked down upon? what gives HIM the right to do that? because he earned the car on his own? well im sorry if i was so fortunate and blessed to have an opportunity to have a car like this, it wasn't really like i cried kicking on the floor for this car, it was a graduation gift...im not a bum kid doing nothing, i graduated with a degree in electrical engineering at the university of washington (not saying i desever it, just making the point that im not just a punk ass lazy kid...) is it really our fault that i got this car? it was OFFERED to me as a gift, and yeah i took it. so anyways just saying that yeah it gets old when people start to get all bitter at you about you getting the car for "free" ...what do you want us to do? beg for forgiveness, go hide in a corner and reflect on our "mistake", feel really bad about ourselves? i mean cmon, some people are blessed with stuff even if they dont deserve it, but that dont make it their faults? damn that was a long post....but yeah we are all humans, and yeah i've been guilty of doing it myself, but just lettin you guys know it gets really old, and it's not fair to us to get "prejudged" as some punk ass kids...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I never said anyone was a punk kid, but honestly oh a $30k gift is a little freaking ridiculous i dont care how much money your family has that isnt something that u should just give to someone. But that is just my opinion so I am sure there are some people who dont agree with me. Are there any parents on this forum who would give there kid a car like the STi?

·
Registered
376 Posts
hey 00gt-s, has it occured to you that we are all spoiled, to live in such a great country as ours? can you imagine people in proverty stricken third world countrys with the same kind of attitude that you have to those 'spoiled kids". imagine how many people think we are spoiled because we live in such a great country, when other people, everyday is going through wars, diseases, and poverty, where little girls have to turn to prostituition to survive, where kids are kidnapped and forced to go to war and to lose their childhoood.....yeah good for you you paid for the car and paying for the insurance, but your a "spoiled lil brat" to those third world country kids....btw what gives you the right to determine if anyone deserves to drive a 30K car?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I cant do anything about the lazy people who leach off mommy and daddy for everything in life. Driving is not a right it is a priveledge in my opinion so why give someone a car that extravicant to get from point A to point B. I believe people are just getting more and more lazy by the day. Kids wont get job and learn that life is not always going to hand them money and everything else they want. I live in a suburb where most of the kids are like that and I think it is just so sad to sit by and watch all these kids pi** away all there time when they could go out and get a part time job a make a little money just to see what it is like to work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
But I dont think this arguement could ever be settled so there is really no point we both have different points of view about it so it is no big deal. :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
it's not up to you it's up to the parents whether you tihnk it's right or wrong...in my opinion. yeah there are lots of lazy kids and yeah i do see that and i hate to see that happen, but i dont think it's coo to just assume that everyone that gets a car bought for them, fit that profile

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
I don't know about some of you guys. . . but my girlfriend's folks could easily buy her a new WRX right now. However, they want her to work for her privileges, AND she wants to earn them, as well.

Not all parents are of the kind who spoil their children. . . and not all kids are eager to accept said spoils from their parents. You just have to understand that it IS the select few spoiled kids that you're going to notice. . . because they WANT to stand out.

Every last bit of this is subjective and totally open to interpretation.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think at that young an age that people should get a smaller car and learn how to drive it properly. Then progress up the scale as time goes by. I have a Citroen Saxo East Coast at the moment.

Yes, I want an Sti but I'm just not prepared to go hungry for a few years while I save up the pennies, and with my rallying activities looking like taking over in the next few years I have other stuff to spend my money on!

Greetings from Sunny (and very chilly) Scotland!

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
LaZy4zNbOi said:
I drive an STi also. I'm also 16. I also do get a lot of sh*t. I mean I freakin earned this car. Add up all the money you used from elementry till now and I'm pretty sure you'll have enough money to buy a few STis. I didn't have a life when I was a kid. I never went to the movies. I never went out. I never spent any of my money. I had my eyes focused on a Honda Acura Integra. Which I did not get as my first car. But still I saved everythign I had. All my birthday money, chrismas money, I even picked up pennies off the ground that I found.

Suck it up haters. Did you ever have a laptop when you were kids? OR even CELL PHONES! Probably not. But kids these days have them. I've seen freaking teenagers with credit cards. Hell I even have one! Technology is growing rapidly. At least get the whole story before you say "SPOILED ROTTEN" (quote by deneed4spd). I hate it when f*cking people jump down your throat when it wasn't called for. I know get back at them isn't called for either. I mean I know a kid who got a Porsche Cayenne for his first car. I don't call him spoiled. I call him f*cking lucky. But I refuse to call him spoiled until I figured out how he got this car. Maybe he is spoiled. Or maybe he earned it. You never know. SO GET THE FACTS FIRST BEFORE CALLING NAMES! DAYMN HATERS!
When you WERE a kid??? Your 16 but anyway, is not having a life as a kid worth a car? You are only young once. I would rather enjoy my childhood then have a fancy car when I turn 16. You can always get nice cars later in life but you can never be young again.

BTW, I think some people's points about being 16 and getting an STi is not so much about being spoiled but MAYBE being too much car for you. I would rather see a 16 year old in a benze than a high hp sports car. I knew some 16 year olds that got Supras for their birthdays and modified them... 16 year old driving a 400+hp car. :roll: Everyone I knew under the age of 20 with a Supra wrecked, one guy twice. Also buying your own car doesn't mean poop in my book. When you are living on your own, paying your own rent, buying your own clothes, car in your name on your own insurance policy, then you can brag about it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.