IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it seems that Compomotive is continually forgettinig to ship my wheels from England. They were supposed to arrive almost a month ago. These wheels are built, painted and have been ready to ship. I have not been able to get any answer from them why they have not shipped. If they are not shipped by Firday I will be canceling the order. It is just getting too late and it is snowing here.

Does any one know if anybody has the Roto SDR or Tarmac II's in stock in 17x7.5? Preferably in gold.

Sorry to all who have been waiting to hear if they fit. I'm very disappointed with Compomotive.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I got mine from http://www.subydude.com/index.htm he usually has them in stock to ship right away. BTW, the 17" Tarmacs will not clear the calipers, you would have to get 18's.

Oh and the Rotas will be about half the cost of the compumotives (shipped).

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
The tarmac II's will clear the calipers in the stock size.

JJ, the owner of this site, is selling both sets of wheels to help fund this site. See the announcement at the top of this section.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
HUGE Nissan Recall - check out news story

MKIVSupra said:
JJ, the owner of this site, is selling both sets of wheels to help fund this site.
Aargh. That won't last long. Sorry to go OT, but a friend of mine runs an integra site with 34k members or so and the load on the servers is costing him a car payment a month in hosting (not an STi payment though! :D ). He is going to be implementing a membership system for something like $1.50/mo (payable 6 mos - 1yr at a time) for those who want advanced features. His site also has articles and more. The URL is http://www.team-integra.net and he has a section at http://www.team-integra.net/misc/intro/ that walks non-members through the site so they know what they will be getting. Note that everything right now is free, and all but "advanced features" (partly still to be determined) are going to be free in the future also.

Eventually if JJ needed to look at doing something similar to avoid spending losing tons of dough, I would far rather pay $15 - $20/yr than lose this resource. Particularly if an articles section for mods, FAQ's, etc, with pictures could be added, and maybe a member's ride section with a template for car description and pictures. Those are really the only two things missing from this site that I would like.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Sorry JJ, I didn't realize there was a group buy. Check the prices on both and go with whichever you choose.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
RadarOnPaws said:
MKIVSupra said:
JJ, the owner of this site, is selling both sets of wheels to help fund this site.
Aargh. That won't last long. Sorry to go OT, but a friend of mine runs an integra site with 34k members or so and the load on the servers is costing him a car payment a month in hosting (not an STi payment though! :D )
Like I said he is doing it to HELP with the site. There are a couple other things being done and in the works. He is also taking donations, which there is a sticky, "Announcement" thread about in the "General" section.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I understand. I'm just saying, that's how it starts, but it's not usually enough. People (the site visitors, I mean) just don't know how much it costs to host a busy site. Right now there are under 2k members according to the member list... when that goes over 10x that amount, the bandwidth and server resources are going to be showing it.

Believe me, if this site gets really popular, this issue will be revisited.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I'll just have to see what wheels are left and see if I can get a set!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Oh lord......please keep on topic here guys..... :roll:

Both the Tarmac IIs and SDRs are readily available. I'm sure JJ will be a great source, but Subydude.com was also great. Shipped quickly. If I would have known of JJs deal, I would have bought from him. The wheels are fantastic for the money. Stock size and all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
mtcossie,

Just order the TH3 in 17 * 7.5 with 53mm offset and be done with it. They have a set of white in stock ready to ship. I ordered my yesterday after lunch and I will be holding out for "steel grey". Take the whites if you want. $1300.00 for 4 + 50.00 shipping. Not much more than the MOs' you ordered. Have you been calling Allen every day for status on the MOs', the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

For my TH3s' the mold is made with no quality problems and mine will ship late next week. My Runflat 225 45 17 Dunlap M3 and Smartire sensors await in the garage. Good luck! I will forward pictures as soon as the car is setup with wheels and monitor location. :wink:

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
Oh lord......please keep on topic here guys..... :roll:
Oh lord... how dare i have a thought on something :roll: Seen a lot of threads here with at least an OT interjection, you just don't happen to like mine. At least you could be honest about it... :roll:

I apologize for going OT, I was wrong, but a simple reminder without the "oh lordy lord" type of reaction would have sufficed. Unless you always do that when someone goes OT, which you don't.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think I'll be ordering any wheels from Compomotive anymore. I was bugging Alan quite frequently :D The problems is in England. For some reason they just wont ship the wheels even though they have been built for well over a month! I just don't understand and the lack of communication from Compomotive in England just drives me crazy. There are several people I know that ordered wheels after me and got them some time ago. With all the snow and ice we got in the last couple of days my STI is nothing more than a 3200 lb toboggan. I think I'm just going to have to get snow tires mounted on the BBS's for now. No time for anything else, and the options for snow tires is starting to get slim.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
twitchy feel

Your OT rant was nothing more than to criticize the site operator, which wasn't anywhere near necessary. I don't consider that nothing more than going OT.....unprovoked criticism of any member is not called for.

And to pick post apart, I don't consider one with a "Aargh" opening very neutral.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Re: No Ping - No Fun!

First, an apology. I did go OT, and I admit I got pretty hot when I read that you accused me of ranting and criticizing. Come on now, seriously. I said it gets expensive running these sites (it does) and that if the issue ever comes up I'd rather have a small subscription that see it disappear. How is that a criticism? I don't know the site owner, and I happen to like this site, so why would I criticize?

The "argh" was because I know what it costs to run a heavily trafficked site and was afraid that if the site owner is selling stuff to help cover the costs, he's feeling the pinch. IT WAS NOT A CRITICISM IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, nor was it ever intended as such.

I've never had a mod slam me publicly for things I never said before using words I did say. That's a new one. :cry:

You seriously misunderstood what I was saying and the intention behind it. Somehow we went from "Ouch, selling stuff to support the site, hope he's not feeling the pinch" which is what I did mean to "you guys suck, blah blah blah" which I never meant, nor do I think I ever said.

I'm just going to slip into lurk mode, apparently I am upsetting people and since I didn't mean to, obviously I could do it again without intending to. However, please consider that you may have been in error in your assement of what I said. Fact is, you were.

·
Registered
6 Posts
mtcossie, have you cancelled your order then?

If so, what did they say?
Did they give any explanation for not shipping the wheels from England?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stock solenoid is back in... got some questions!!

Yup, I called Motorsport Specialties and canceled the order. They were not very happy with Compomotive either about this. I just couldn't wait any longer to get snow tires on since it has been very cold and snowing here. There has been no information from Compomotive as to why the wheels were not shipped. I had called and e-mailed them but haven't heard anything. Motorsport Specialties has tried many times to find out what has happened but for some reason they are just not communicating.

I have ordered a set of Blizzak WS-50's and they will be installed Tuesday on the stock rims. May have to look into some fancy Prodrive rims this Spring :) I will not be buying an other set of Compomotives ever again :evil:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts