IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/997f0234-f1a8-4553-8bc3-982e00ee06c7.htm

Our recent visit to the Nurburgring included some high speed blasts on the German Autobahn...solid indicated 150 MPH on the speed limiter.

2004 STI stock. Did have a nasty tire imbalance that seemed to remove some energy from the car as earlier in its life it would run hard into the limiter and stop accelerated at 153 indicated then drop back just below 150 and then run up again to 153...repeatedly...or the car is just getting a bit old...54,000 miles.

Solid as a rock at speed.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I was stationed in Vilseck, Germany and did 150mph in a 2000 2.0 Volkswagon Jetta...... Took about 3 mins. just to get there!!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
guirgis2005 said:
i should of put a cam in my car when i maxed out
Do it again! Its not hard! :lol:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I haven't hit 150 yet, but I see 120 quite offten. At those speeds it looks as if the hood is about to crumple up front or slam into my windshield. I usually slow down once I notice it. Did you notice the same thing? Also do you remember your RPM? Mine is usually around 5-5.5K, which I feel is pretty high to cruise in. Is this bad for the engine? What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Both the wing and the scoop/hood both appear to be taking flight at anytime...even at 80 mph. But inreality, I don't have any issues with having them come apart. Figured Subaru has quite a bit of 'safety pad' before something were to fail...

Maybe at 180+...but I don't plan on ever getting it to go that fast. It is a box you know! :)

Autobahn cruising was done mainly at 100 mph...just too much traffic to make it worthwhile...I tried 130 for quite a bit of the time, but the car didn't seem really happy up there-throttle response was touchy, gas mileage was extremely dismal, and the worst part of all...very tiring as slower traffic would appear and you would slow down to 70/80/90 and then reaccelerate back up...then slow down again, etc. Main reason why mileage was so poor.

Car never felt unstable, etc. The high speed runs were very much a nonevent...tell me I was doing only 90 and it wouldn't surprise me at all.

·
Registered
769 Posts
They're pretty strict about people just cruising in the left lane and is fined heavily. There was no traffic, must have been an american driving the car.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
^^ haha that made me laugh.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CFar: I've had folks complaining about folks driving 180+ on a US public highway, but this is the first I've seem whining from someone running on the autobahn...added nothing to the thread...gee thanks.

·
Registered
769 Posts
TimM said:
CFar: I've had folks complaining about folks driving 180+ on a US public highway, but this is the first I've seem whining from someone running on the autobahn...added nothing to the thread...gee thanks.
The only one complaining is you, I was making a joke.

Get your head out of your butt :rolleyes:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If we are talking humor here is a good one...

"CFar=joke=butt"

:D

·
Registered
769 Posts
I've been called worse

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
i get a really loud whistle noise around 140mph.(mirrors i think).. you look like your just doing a nice easy sunday drive :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts