IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 STI ISM
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Let me preface this by saying my post is not meant to bash NP in the slightest. I called and was met with great customer service and they have been working with me on this issue.

Just recently installed their strut tower brace on my '19 STI. The fit and finish is amazing and the color matches well. After driving with it for a few minutes I noticed a terrible grinding noise when turning or under acceleration. I realized the TMIC is rubbing on the strut bar on the driver's side. They suggested I move the PS TMIC bracket up and the DS TMIC down. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced issues with this on their STI? Attached is how it looks in the engine bay. The powder coat finish is already rubbing off on the bottom from hitting my IC.Thank you! Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Grille Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would say there is a bit of a design or manufacturing issue. I would think that space between the strut bar and the TMIC should be consistent

·
Registered
137 Posts
I remember seeing this when I was searching for a strut bar, ended up going with the OEM STI bar.

On the bottom of their review section, someone says they are having the same issue:

"Happy with all the products except how the strut bar taps my inter cooler on driver side while driving. Other then that the quality is excellent."

Strut Tower Brace - 15+ Subaru WRX/STi

·
Registered
2020 WRX STI, Magnetite grey,
248 Posts
This was the reason I went with Blox’s solid aluminum one. Plenty of clearance over the IC and it looks badass too me. Debatable whether or not it helps, but after putting it on it eliminated any dash crash sounds when hitting rough pavement or bumps. It weighs 3.5 pounds btw.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car Hood
Motor vehicle Hood Grille Automotive design Vehicle
Vehicle Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts