IW STi Forum banner

621 - 629 of 629 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Planning to purchase catless DP for my Q300. Do I need a new gasket from DP to Turbo? As the one I saw doesn't include one. How about heatshield or wrap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
Planning to purchase catless DP for my Q300. Do I need a new gasket from DP to Turbo? As the one I saw doesn't include one. How about heatshield or wrap?

It is never a bad idea to install a new gasket, especially if one is not provided for a new part being installed. Go out of your way and buy\install a new one. very simple.

Heat shield and Wrap is to each persons desire. I want to do ceramic coating on mine but have not gotten to that yet. I have 30K miles on my car and 29K of them have been with a catless DP with no coating, wrap or heat shield of any sorts. No issues on my end other than the heat it generates. It is recommended to do some sort of heat management on DP, Headers and Turbo to keep engine bay heat down but again, not everyone does this.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

Btw, what if i plan on changing my catback exhaust only to a different brand.. Do i need to tune again?

My setup is dp+exhaust+intake

·
Registered
449 Posts
No. You can put cheap ass eBay $200 exhaust or you can go $5k artsy fartsy exhaust. No tune needed.

Thanks for the reply!

Btw, what if i plan on changing my catback exhaust only to a different brand.. Do i need to tune again?

My setup is dp+exhaust+intake

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Does anyone have the JDM Fujitsubo cbe? It's one of the best single-exits that I've seen
I have since switched to it from my blitz to the single exit. While mine is a GR, the quality of the fujitsubo is top notch, the welds are superb and the fitment is spot on. The best part is the decibel at different rpm range of the exhaust is as advertised.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have since switched to it from my blitz to the single exit. While mine is a GR, the quality of the fujitsubo is top notch, the welds are superb and the fitment is spot on. The best part is the decibel at different rpm range of the exhaust is as advertised.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Is your car tuned? No probs on switching from quad to single exit?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Have basically no prior car knowledge before installing my axelback. I used the nameless bushings, but when I tightened the bolts on the exhaust I didn't maneuver it correctly because there's an equal amount of huge gap on both sides between the exhaust and the car. Any tips on easy alignment changes I can make without taking the bolts off again? I had a PITA time getting it on to begin with...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

621 - 629 of 629 Posts