IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 495 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Re: 2011 Black. Auto meter dual gauge windsheild pod with A/F/Boost installed. pics u

Finally got some time to start the stereo install.
Got the Amp installed in the trunk, power wire ran from the battery to the amp, RCA wire ran from radio to the amp, remote wire run, speaker wires run to the driver side door.
Trying to find some 3/4" flat PVC to use as spacers for the components. Lowes was not wide enough and Home Depot was too thick.
Hope to find some time this week to do a little more work on it. If not, it will have to wait until Friday.

Also planning on taking the rear trunk trim and chrome door trim off and painting it.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Re: 2011 Black. Stereo system install in progress.

Ok so I have the Mod bug.....dunno the remedy other than buy parts. HAHA!

Trying to sell one of my parachutes to get money for a header. Thinking Invidia with uppipe.
Killerbeez looks good, but my budget says no.

After the header I will go with Magnaflow exhaust and put in a resonator if it is too loud.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

Finished the stereo install sans fiberglass enclosure for the 8. I will post up pictures sometime this week.

Also found Magnaflow Exhaust on Amazon for a steal!
For some reason one of the sellers starts their price off at $540 in the early morning and the price gets increased as the day goes on. Noticed it one day and went back on Saturday and ordered it.
YAY!

Hope it gets here soon. I am going to be dealing with phatbotti over on NASIOC for the tuning.
TopSpeed didn't come through for me. I will just leave it at that.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

Pictures of the stereo install

Amp wiring to be cleaned up. I was waiting on wire holders.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Re: 2011 Black. Magnaflow exhaust on the way!

Well since I am going to be pulling off exhaust, I may as well get headers also....right?
Just picked this up from lovesmysubie. He should be shipping out soon.
Tomioka Equal Length Header

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Re: 2011 Black. Magnaflow exhaust on the way!

Magnaflow Exhaust arrived Friday.
Hoping the header gets here before Thursday. I plan on installing everything so I can tune it Friday.
I ordered a 3" resonator and V-band. I am planning on cutting out the step down on the cobb downpipe and the step down on the Magnaflow, welding in the resonator and the V-band for a clean transfer from downpipe to catback.

:domo:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Re: 2011 Black. Magnaflow exhaust/Tomioka header soon!

Got the exhaust installed Wednesday night.

Worked with the alignment for a while. This is the closest I could get it.

Header arrived Yesterday.
Wrapped and installed not long after.

No pics of the install though.
Tuning with Phatbotti later today.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: 2011 Black. Magnaflow exhaust/Tomioka EL header installed. Pics and vid added

seeing as how you're installing Rainbows/Boston/etc...all really nice, you should say no to that PVC and hit up IA performance. Tell him I sent you. YOu can get 6.5" adapters for all 4 doors, I did the test with sets of Focal K2/PS 6.5" components front and rear and the kits he sells for like 40$ will be hands down the best money you spend in terms of the time you'll waste trying to make something that in the end won't last or will look shitty(I'm speaking from my own perspective about my work, nothing bad to say about yours) and the cost of supplies to make the adapters. I did it the hard way first, then stumbled on IAperformance and linked up with them, you can check out my build if you need a reference, I do all my own work so I can relate

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Re: 2011 Black. Magnaflow exhaust/Tomioka EL header installed. Pics and vid added

seeing as how you're installing Rainbows/Boston/etc...all really nice, you should say no to that PVC and hit up IA performance. Tell him I sent you. YOu can get 6.5" adapters for all 4 doors, I did the test with sets of Focal K2/PS 6.5" components front and rear and the kits he sells for like 40$ will be hands down the best money you spend in terms of the time you'll waste trying to make something that in the end won't last or will look shitty(I'm speaking from my own perspective about my work, nothing bad to say about yours) and the cost of supplies to make the adapters. I did it the hard way first, then stumbled on IAperformance and linked up with them, you can check out my build if you need a reference, I do all my own work so I can relate
I didn't end up using PVC. I purchased a flat piece of HDPE to make the spacers.
If I end up doing the rear speakers, I will give that a shot though. Good pricing!

Doesn't sound much different.
I am going to get another vid together after I get finished tuning with some idling and pulls. Just to give people something to go by. :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #75 (Edited)
Re: 2011 Black. Phatbotti tuned. Innovate temp/pressure gauge ordered

Ok just ordered the following
Innovate oil temp/pressure gauge
MB gauge pod
52mm-60mm adapter
oil pressure locator kit
black 205 badges

Still haven't built the fiberglass enclosure for the woofer yet.
Planning on taking the dynamat and putting it in the trunk floor to try and combat some of the drone from the Magnaflow exhaust. Probably do that Friday.
Rainbow tweeter sounds like it is blown. I called woofersetc and got an RA number. They are going to test it and go from there.
Finally ordered some Motul 8100 oil. Going to change it once it gets here.

Also bought an HT Auto front Grill already painted. Hoping it gets here soon.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Re: 11 OBP/\ Phatbotti tuned. Innovate temp/pressure gauge ordered

Couple of pics of my car taken by someone else on the drive Saturday.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

Oh yeah and we met Dave Mirra on Saturday at Earl Duff Subaru.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
That's cool stuff man. Was that part of the Subaru Rally cross team touring?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #80

That's cool stuff man. Was that part of the Subaru Rally cross team touring?
Earl Duff Subaru had a grand reopening and they had a Cruise in on Saturday.
Parking lot was full. They even brought in what looked to be a "show car" rally car.
Was cool though.
He was excited to show me a picture of his 5 year old daughter jumping off of a 10' high platform into the water. He said she didn't second guess at all. Just jumped. LOL

61 - 80 of 495 Posts