new injectors
boost controller

you think we can tap 11.999999 lol

BTW the track i go to is at sea level
searspoint.com

·
Registered
43 Posts
just get the mods listed below and 94 octane and you will be pushing 430hp & 455ftq and that will get you below 11.999 for sure. all the modes i have cost about 2700 all together.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
aps's site says (and shows) that the stock turbo is limited to around 350hp; 370hp at best? however, bigjon75 is apparently getting 415hp+ with the stock turbo. i don't get it. in either case, you'd need to add 100-120 horses to get to <12.

·
Registered
43 Posts
430 hp & 455 ftq

three sti with my mods where dyno with dyno jet and all three had the above hp & ftq. i post the sheet when they get e-mailed to me

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i quote 415 because that's what you have in your sig. anyway, i think it's awesome you could get that much gain for so little. so much for aps's proclamation of 370 max with the stock turbo. and i love it that you're using the stock tmic!!

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
look how vertical that is!!! and power drops way off towards redline, how does this thing drive? dont count on the IHI turbo lasting long!

·
Registered
382 Posts
considering its the stock turbo, i bet it drives like stock in the lower revs. It looks like they got the wheels rolling slowly up to 4000, then hit it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
maxwolfinger said:
considering its the stock turbo, i bet it drives like stock in the lower revs. It looks like they got the wheels rolling slowly up to 4000, then hit it.
The dyno looks that way because the dyno pack hooks up to the axils and the sti has a light drive train so when your under three grand the dyno would riddle like a unbalance dryer so could get a good reading, so to fix that we had to start the run at 3100 rpms to give the dyno enough load.

·
Registered
99 Posts
eatV8 said:
look how vertical that is!!! and power drops way off towards redline, how does this thing drive? dont count on the IHI turbo lasting long!
Wouldn't that big power drop off be because of the stock fuel system not being able to handle it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Power drops off most likely to the turbo being too small OR possibility of the cams being too small. Bigjon, does your boost fall off near redline?

·
Registered
176 Posts
You need a bigger turbo for that sharp drop in power towards redline! 18 PSI is close to the max the vf-39 can do.

Get larger injectors and like a PE 1418! You'll be at full boost at about 2200rpms with your mods.

PE1418
*Boost 2700-3000 rpm stock
*Peak efficiency 21 psi
*Max boost 28 psi
*Ball Bearing

·
Registered
43 Posts
blueballs said:
You need a bigger turbo for that sharp drop in power towards redline! 18 PSI is close to the max the vf-39 can do.

Get larger injectors and like a PE 1418! You'll be at full boost at about 2200rpms with your mods.

PE1418
*Boost 2700-3000 rpm stock
*Peak efficiency 21 psi
*Max boost 28 psi
*Ball Bearing
Im in the process of getting big fuel pump and injector, im also test the avo 500 and an 18g once I get the injectors and pump.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
how about a nice shiney T76 ball bearing turbo :eek: , dam i miss my big bertha that was in my rx7!!!! :cry:

that would be nice to have a turbo that size but id break my baby if that were the case....but what about t61 BB or something of that nature?? i wonder if it will work good???

thanks
amir

1 - 18 of 18 Posts