IW STi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 Sti, daily driver with a 20 mile daily commute part highway never offroad but would like to take the car to the track sometime in the future.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
boataholic said:
06 Sti, daily driver with a 20 mile daily commute part highway never offroad but would like to take the car to the track sometime in the future.
RCE springs, Group N mounts and whiteline swaybars with kartboy endlinks. that should be pretty sufficient.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
^^^ sounds good to me. you could also go with STi Pink springs, or Prodrive springs. if you can it'd be awesome to throw camber plates on the front.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
i still dont know why people dont mention stuff like the alk, ball joint relocater and other misc stuff like bushings (which are pretty cheap and help out a lot).. i guess springs and sways and mounts are a given.. but especially the first 2 mods.. from what ive read they are suspose to position the wheel/tires correctly when turning/cornering which will put the most contact patch of the tire to the ground without having to camber the crap out of your front end.. which is normally not tire friendly.. now if i have that correct those would be the best daily driver (and anyoneelse) mods.. anyone agree?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
whitson01 said:
i still dont know why people dont mention stuff like the alk, ball joint relocater and other misc stuff like bushings (which are pretty cheap and help out a lot).. i guess springs and sways and mounts are a given.. but especially the first 2 mods.. from what ive read they are suspose to position the wheel/tires correctly when turning/cornering which will put the most contact patch of the tire to the ground without having to camber the crap out of your front end.. which is normally not tire friendly.. now if i have that correct those would be the best daily driver (and anyoneelse) mods.. anyone agree?
People don't mention the ball joint relocator because many don't have experience with it. I could have also added the TIC or GTspec fender crowls, and then also said the WL steering rack bushing, but usually people say springs, sways, mounts and camber plates as they are usually a good starting point that will help you a lot. I guess its a normal think to say.

Evil, sorry, i meant to add the RCE camber plates but i remembered the RCE package runs about $900 and it wouldnt leave money for the sways. So with the 300 he would save, he can put them towards the sway bars, which i believe would be more helpful than the camber plates, especially in terms of DD.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Swaybars swaybars swaybars.

Let me say it again....

Swaybars. Front and rear. It doesn't matter which brand you choose, as long as they're of sufficent size they'll improve your car's handling.

Yesterday I did my first autocross with *both* the upgraded front and rear Cobb bars. Aside from a little "I pushed a bit too hard going into the turn" understeer that can be cured with more negative camber up front, the car handled like a dream. It was so much fun going into, and coming out of turns sliding.

·
OT stealth mod
4,261 Posts
sways-300
rce springs-400(?)
alignment-~100
rear endlinks-100
Fender braces-~100

·
Registered
125 Posts
Get some camber....helps a lot and can be done cheaply. Can get some with the stock parts, or you can get some camber bolts cheap. Even 1 degree negative seems to help greatly in the front

·
Banned
7,256 Posts
there's a thread bouncing around here titled something like "$700 to spend on suspension..." Read that to get an idea of $700, and then look at what to add from there.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
thats funny, thats my thread ;)
i really wanna do sways/end links and an alk kit.. and some bushings here and there.. i think that combo along with a good alignment will be good enought.. and maybe a ball joint relocater kit when they come out..

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
whitson01 said:
i still dont know why people dont mention stuff like the alk, ball joint relocater
you need to also get the bump steer fix (tie rod extender) or your camber curve will be SOL'd

both of those mods bump you to SM in Autox, which is the main reason I don't have either.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Pink Springs - 400
Front Top Mounts - 100
Sways - 350
Endlinks - 100
Alignment - 60

1 - 16 of 16 Posts