IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just passed the 1000 mile mark while taking her for a spin over Loveland pass here in colorado.....had stop stop to take a picture of course!!

Akadubin

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
Man I miss CO - done that ride over Loveland many times - wish I could do it in MY STi. But back to my point....is that trailhead you parked at completely unknown? I know things out there are diff't than CT, but I'd be wary of leaving my brand new, low production # car out in the open while away from it for any kinda substantial timeframe. I was on a 7day backcountry trek thru the White Mtns of NH when I first got my '02 Passat (this was in late April) and upon my return my BRAND NEW car had the drivers side window smashed out as well as a myriad of other vandalous damage. Just be careful is all I was trying to say I guess.....and FWIW that Loveland photo is juust EXCELLENT!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was parked right at our campsite in that picture. I only left the car there once when we went fishing outside of breckenridge, and believe me.....i was thinking about it the whole time!

One more shot from the top of loveland. Ignore the guy in the photo....was after 3 days of camping.......

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
O.K. good - that makes me feel better about your STi's safety! And that's after 3 days??? I spent 10days backcountry at Glacier N.P. two years back - as we were trying to get back to our car we had a 6mile uphill road walk or a hitch-hike option (which I'd NEVER ordinarily do)....well, after spending over an hour on Going to the Sun Rd. with my thumb out gave up....guess I was too scary looking! Yet another nice photo that's making my heart pang for the sweet CO mountains (as if that doesn't happen enough already too). Count your blessings on your surroundings (and ride) every day and continue to enjoy!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great car, great location!!

I seriously considered moving out there a few years back. When I was in college, Summit Co was our spring break every year. Screw going to the beach, we went to A-Basin!! ;)

T

·
0 Posts
I'll be visiting there next Sept, your pics really make me want to go there NOW! And I'm actually going to Loveland Col. to boot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Got my white/gold two weeks ago yesterday. But due to circumstances beyond my control :p only have 877 miles so far. Hope to put it over the 1K mark tomorrow. Have ordered custom mats for passengers and trunk.

Boy, will it be nice to get back to shifting normally!

Roger

1 - 12 of 12 Posts