IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully getting an STi next month and have been looking around here and NASIOC for the past few months. I've been thinking about a system. What I have right now in my Maxima leaves a little (lot...perhaps) to be desired. I have been transferring audio equipment w/o much upgrading. I have:

Sony Minidisc HU (the first model they made)
Boston Accoustic RM6 for the front
JBL BP1200.1 -for subs
2 10" MTX Thunder 8000
-stock rear speakers (sounds like crap but no more money at the time)

My plans are to get a new HU, probably the Alpine 9815. I'm going to keep my RM6's for the front (BTW they take up to 200W each) for now. And I'm most likely going to get Boston's NX57's for the rear doors (up to 140W each). So, I would like to run these speakers with a 100W x 4 channel amp, but am unsure of what brand to look at. I'm looking for good quality, but not the best...maybe middle to high quality.

Any suggestions?

Joe

·
Registered
858 Posts
i know a dude who rebuild/refurbs old soundstream REF series amps.

and while these are a few years old, ask any person in the car audio world and ask what they think about the REF series...

anyways, i got a 4x75 REF 604 amps for like $230.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
I would also consider a good Alpine 4-channel amp. I would put them in the "Better" category . . . with brands like JL, Diamond, Eclipse and the like just one notch above . . . and many of the Pioneer, Kenwood, etc amps being on par.

·
Registered
20 Posts
PPI or JL Audio... forget Alpine

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
psycho said:
Phoenix Gold Titanium 500.4 (75W X 4 RMS).
Wish I had the money for this ($800 on sounddomain.com)...a little above what I'm looking to spend, but thanks for the info.

Joe

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
one thing to ask is if these internet dealers ARE warranty by the company.

sure you save a few $$$, but when the amp dies and it's time to send it back to the manufacturer, they deny it since it was from an authorized dealer...

·
Registered
949 Posts
www.trutechnology.com
the to1 4.65 is supposed to be pimp.
for crazy power you could get the t03 4.150
retail they are pretty pricey amps, but they have an internet rep that sells them authorized for a good price.
i have been contemplating getting these myself as the 4.65 and 2.100 would run me a lil less than 2 jl amps bought retail.

·
Registered
167 Posts
ldivinag said:
one thing to ask is if these internet dealers ARE warranty by the company.

sure you save a few $$$, but when the amp dies and it's time to send it back to the manufacturer, they deny it since it was from an authorized dealer...
If the manufacturer offers a warranty, I would insist they honor it without ever considering where it was purchased. This is really a non-issue for the most part if you have any clue how to pursue a warranty claim with a reputable manufacturer.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
michigan illinois ohio and indiana roll call

Thanks for all the replies guys. I had no idea some of these manufacturers even existed. :eek: They more the better I say. :D

Joe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts