IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like to share that i am paying my insurance for sti 08 $100 per month. no deposit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
$73 a month here.... No deductible :) haha.... And by the way... I pay $60 a YEAR in Kuwait. (work overseas )

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
$130 a month... for two cars. Just the STI is $89 a month. Full coverage with $250 deductible.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
$116/month $250 deductible full coverage + $1M umbrella for STi and a motorcycle.

It was $92 a month when the STi was not my primary, but I recently sold my E36 so now my insurance is more money for one fewer vehicles. I love how much sense insurance makes.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats for low payer , .. Just reminder .. Keep ur self up to date always ask the Insurance rep ,... what is cover and what is not ...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just signed up for geico for my '12 sti.

25 years old

$64.50 a month
$500 deductible
Accident forgiveness
Pay 6 months at a time

I'm pretty pretty happy :)

Quotes from Allstate and progressive were around $130 a month and geico cut that in half!

Paid about $90/month on my '04 jetta. haha!

·
Registered
140 Posts
$253/month for an 04 STi
1000 dollar deductible, collision and comprehensive
perfect record
insured through Nationwide
You need to look elsewhere. If you have a perfect record there is no way you should be paying that much.

Are you 16 or are you lying about that perfect record?

I know someone with a DUI who pays less.

·
Registered
469 Posts
It depends on age and location as well. I'm 20, almost 21 and pay $130 a month with progressive in Washington, I paid $100 a month back in Wisconsin before I moved. Gieco wants $400 a month for me in Washington.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You need to look elsewhere. If you have a perfect record there is no way you should be paying that much.

Are you 16 or are you lying about that perfect record?

I know someone with a DUI who pays less.
Yeah i think i need to find somewhere else lol but yeah im 19 almost 20 and a perfect record and my family has had the same insurance forever. I dont know if its where I live or what.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah i think i need to find somewhere else lol but yeah im 19 almost 20 and a perfect record and my family has had the same insurance forever. I dont know if its where I live or what.
Luckily getting quotes online is a breeze these days. I got my quotes browsing progressive, Allstate, geico, etc on my phone while on the train. Crazy world we live in. No phone calls until i ordered from geico, and I did that just to make sure the ridiculously low rate they had quoted me was in fact for an STi.

Also, for what it's worth, I gave geico my last 8 digits of my VIN I received from Subaru. They said they paired it with the proper preceding digits or whatever but the next day when I called Subaru to verify the vin (getting car next week) it didn't match up. I looked into it and the VIN that geico used made it appear in their system as a sedan. This was wrong because I'm getting the 5 door.

I gave them the proper VIN and it changed the vehicle type (sedan -> wagon) and they said it would affect the policy. I said oh great, thinking that this awesome rate might have after all been too good to be true.

Turns out, collision coverage is $70 less per 6 months on the wagon. I'm not sure but I hypothesize that people who love wings also love to drive like d-bags.

So, I added towing coverage, mechanical failure coverage (non accident mechanical failures) and rental reimbursement coverage and I'm still saving $39 over my first quote.

Final damage: $347.60 every 6 months.... So about 58 bucks a month. I'm officially blown away.

25/Illinois/Clean record (1 speeding ticket in last 5 years, only 8 over)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Luckily getting quotes online is a breeze these days. I got my quotes browsing progressive, Allstate, geico, etc on my phone while on the train. Crazy world we live in. No phone calls until i ordered from geico, and I did that just to make sure the ridiculously low rate they had quoted me was in fact for an STi.

Also, for what it's worth, I gave geico my last 8 digits of my VIN I received from Subaru. They said they paired it with the proper preceding digits or whatever but the next day when I called Subaru to verify the vin (getting car next week) it didn't match up. I looked into it and the VIN that geico used made it appear in their system as a sedan. This was wrong because I'm getting the 5 door.

I gave them the proper VIN and it changed the vehicle type (sedan -> wagon) and they said it would affect the policy. I said oh great, thinking that this awesome rate might have after all been too good to be true.

Turns out, collision coverage is $70 less per 6 months on the wagon. I'm not sure but I hypothesize that people who love wings also love to drive like d-bags.

So, I added towing coverage, mechanical failure coverage (non accident mechanical failures) and rental reimbursement coverage and I'm still saving $39 over my first quote.

Final damage: $347.60 every 6 months.... So about 58 bucks a month. I'm officially blown away.

25/Illinois/Clean record (1 speeding ticket in last 5 years, only 8 over)
Wow thats amazing, i would love to pay that im gonna start looking around. This 253/month is ridiculous especially when it started at 179 and went up for no reason.

·
Registered
140 Posts
How are you guys getting such cheap insurance??
All you can really do is shop around and compare offered rates. Everyone else but geico had me in the 120-135 a month range.

The fact that I've been driving for 10 years and have never been in a collision certainly doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
146 Posts
All you can really do is shop around and compare offered rates. Everyone else but geico had me in the 120-135 a month range.

The fact that I've been driving for 10 years and have never been in a collision certainly doesn't hurt.
Yeah that doesnt hurt at all. Im almost 20 with a perfect record and mines ridiculous. im gonna start shopping around to see if i can find something cheaper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I pay $2200 every 6 months for my 08 Sti and a 2004 Hyundai Elantra...but I also live in Miami. Insurance will rip you a new @$$ here!!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I pay $138 a month through State Farm for:

Full coverage 2005 STi
Full coverage 2003 Celica GT
liability 2002 Spectra
liability 1986 Camry

I'm 27 been driving since I turned 16. No points on record. Married with no kids. $500 deductible.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts