IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went to my local subaru dealer today. One guys actually new what an STi was. but he did seem to know alot about them. comforting that someone else in OKC knows what an sti is.
oh yes... my topic. :eek:

He said only 10 sti per state would be allowed to be in accordance with something to do with the emission standards? anybody heard anything lie that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I doubt this is the case. Frist, while emission laws do vary from state to state, I'm not aware of any that limit cars with certain emission levels to a limited number of sales. Either a car is legal to be registered in a given state or it isn't. If OK has wierd rules regarding this, it still wouldn't effect the rest of the country. Second, every other rumor that's come out has said there will be 1500 to 1700 sold, and recently I've heard some people cite larger numbers. Third, no sane manufacturer is going to limit sales by state. If so, the 10 in CA would sell for 3 times retail, and we'd all be driving up to the Dakotas to get the ones that they couldn't sell.

Not that they're any more reliable, but a dealer here in AZ said they expect to get about 8 STi's just at their dealership. He said allocation would be going by WRX sales, and that this dealer accounted for .5% of WRX sales nation wide. So if they get .5% of the expected allocation, and they think they'll get 8 cars, they must expect a nation wide allocation of about 1700 cars. (1700 *.005 = 8.5).

I have seen a few people (usually citing dealers) post that there would be only 500 units. My guess is that this is either dealers trying to get a deposit from people, or possibly there will only be 500 in the first allocation. That seems like a reasonable number for a first allocation, though it probably wouldn't be split up 10 in each state. It might explain why we keep seeing the 500 number pop up from time to time.

·
Registered
135 Posts
yo talon..... i JUST bought a 96ESi....i know, no turbo....but so ****** clean in and out.... VERY nice cars......first gen or second

1 - 3 of 3 Posts