IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well although I dont think this will make a difference, but the only mod I've done is the speed monkey ground kit (which should help more then hurt, but I dont think it has anything to do with this). Anyways... I was wondering if this was normal? Its about 86-90 outside and sunny and when I was flooring it the boost gauge would rocket up to about 2 ticks from .01 mPa (which is ~14.5psi right) and just hold there? I didnt check other gears - 1,2,5,6 (as I dont need to be going that fast), but is that about right? I thought it would just hit .01 and sit there, but it seemed to stop and hold much sooner. Normal? or what? Thanks a lot in advance!

Robert~

o ya if it makes a difference - BP/Amoco 93 octane gas.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also another thing im noticing, probably normal - as most of the sounds from the engine bay are -, but when I give it a lot of throttle (not dependent on rev) as the turbo spools i hear this ticking or a sound like baseball cards hitting spokes almost... anyone know what this is? Im hoping just simple valve tick, but was wondering what you guys thought?

Robert~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts