IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just returned from Mid Michigan Dragstrip. I made a couple of videos:

12.94 pass and 12.81 pass (went back to 93 octane)

Follow the link: http://N8RWS.COM select the "STi" image then "Video Recordings"

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Yeah those vids are fantastic.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
nice....

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
so ur protuned stg 2 i assume? perfect vids, gives me a great feel for sound and the launch. what exhaust do u have sounds awesome.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NorCALSpeed said:
so ur protuned stg 2 i assume? perfect vids, gives me a great feel for sound and the launch. what exhaust do u have sounds awesome.
Actually, I tuned for 93 my self with help from EQ Tuning and Shawn (Overdose). I am using StreetTUNER software for tuning.

FYI.. my best time of 12.47 @ 110.54 was achieved through a collaborative effort between John at TDC, Ed at EQ Tuning, Shawn and myself.

The exhaust is Megan 3" turboback.

Glad you enjoyed the video's, I wish there was a way to get the feel of speed to show up in the video's... it is tough to get that to show up.

Take care

jeff b

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
12.58 pass added to video webpage

Just returned from the track, the WX was a bit warmer and I could not run in the 12.4's but I did pull off a 12.58. I captured the pass on video and posted it on my site..

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
those are some good vids.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wagon-trail said:
What do you use to hold the camera?
Nice vids though!
I use a cheap tripod... two of the legs are extended to the floor with pillows holding them in place. The third leg is on the rear seat with the center seat belt holding it down...

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Once again great video!

By the way, how do you launch clutch/throttle wise? It's obvious you blip but do you then floor it/release quickly or almost drop the clutch? What tires and pressure do you run? Lastly, have you snapped an axle yet? :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Digitalfiend said:
Once again great video!

By the way, how do you launch clutch/throttle wise? It's obvious you blip but do you then floor it/release quickly or almost drop the clutch? What tires and pressure do you run? Lastly, have you snapped an axle yet? :)
Hi..

I must admit, my reaction times are for sh!t... I get the tree in the vicinity of being green and then, on a "blip" I mash the gas to the floor and let off the clutch like I was stepping off a big pile of warm dog sh!t.

I have not broken an axle yet... I expect it could happen one of these days because some of the launches provoke a violent wheel hop (yea, I get out of it quickly but...), check this video out: http://n8rws.com/Wheel%20hop.wmv

I am running stock tires at stock tire pressure. My best 60' time is in the 1.68 range but it is rare to get numbers like that.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Ahh I love it when people describe launching like that, its sooo true, ROFL.

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
That wheel hop was brutal...I've never experienced that yet. :eek:

TurboQueef said:
Hi..

I must admit, my reaction times are for sh!t... I get the tree in the vicinity of being green and then, on a "blip" I mash the gas to the floor and let off the clutch like I was stepping off a big pile of warm dog sh!t.

I have not broken an axle yet... I expect it could happen one of these days because some of the launches provoke a violent wheel hop (yea, I get out of it quickly but...), check this video out: http://n8rws.com/Wheel%20hop.wmv

I am running stock tires at stock tire pressure. My best 60' time is in the 1.68 range but it is rare to get numbers like that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts