IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
History
After selling my 2004 Volkswagen R32, I finally decided it was time for me to get my first boosted car. I worked as a lot tech for 3 years clearing the brand new Mitsubishi Lancer Evolutions and I was hooked on that car from the beginning. When it came time for me to purchase a new car, I test drove the a 2012 Evo, and a 2012 STi. There was something about the way the hatch looked, that I just couldn't get away from! I started searching for a used STi, to find out that there was one at a dealership less than 25 miles away. I test drove it, and didn't want to say no. I had to talk them down a bit on the price due to some bad curb rash on the wheels, and some rock chips on the hood, but I really couldn't be happier! I purchased my STi on 6/27/2012 with 27k miles on it. Photos, mods, and very more things to come as soon as I can!

Performance
COBB Tuning AccessPORT
Proto Tuning Tool Holder
AEM Cold Air Intake - Stage 2 AEM 93 Octane Map

Interior
Window Tint - 35%
(Install Date TBD) JCS-Pod Triple Gauge Pillar Pod
(Install Date TBD) AutoMeter Cobalt Gauges - AFR, Boost, Pyrometer

Exhaust
Subaru OEM Turbo to Downpipe Gasket
COBB Tuning Turbo Heatshield
Invidia Downpipe Catted Divorced Wastegate
Invidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust Titanium Tip
Kartboy 12MM Black Exhaust Hanger

Suspension
(RCE) Racecomp Engineering Yellow Lowering Springs

Wheels/Tires
18x8 +40 Titanium Grey Enkei Raijin
245/40/R18 Yokohama S.Drive

As of 6/5/2013

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Re: Rhycon's 2009 STi - Purchased 6/27/2012!!!

Nice car! I basically have the exact same car except mines a 2012!
That is the exact order i purchased my mods as well except i got bc coilovers, RA mud flaps and cobb intake when i got my accessport as well!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Rhycon's 2009 STi - Invidia TBE Installed!

hey i got the q300 on my 2010 sti and im looking at getting a dp soon. im thinking of the catted DWG dp from invidia as well. when you installed them did you have any difficulty? was there anything else you needed to purchase for the install? anything at all to help me make my decision.

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Wow, it's been forever since I've updated this!

hey i got the q300 on my 2010 sti and im looking at getting a dp soon. im thinking of the catted DWG dp from invidia as well. when you installed them did you have any difficulty? was there anything else you needed to purchase for the install? anything at all to help me make my decision.

Thanks
You probably already made a decision on the DP, but I figured I would at least answer it. I didn't personally install it, as I had a friend do most of the work since he has a lift. I was right there next to him the entire time, and I didn't seem to have any issues during installation. Although, make sure that you purchase an aftermarket turbo heat shield or you'll have to cut your stock one to fit. You'll also need the OEM Turbo to Downpipe Gasket.

While installing the exhaust I found a small pinhole causing a small leak, but it's not noticeable.

I had to go back in and re-tighten a few heatshields a few months after the original install, as they started to rattle a bit. I'd definitely recommend this, as it sounds amazing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

7/26/2012 - SI-Drive Issues
After flashing to Stage 2, I had some issues with the SI-Drive button where it wouldn't let me switch back into "S" Mode. I thought flashing to Stage 2 caused this, as it happened directly after that. I called COBB Tuning, and they instructed me to uninstall the AccessPort and see if it produces the same issue, which it did. So now I've come to realize that the button is having issues. Going to contact a dealership to see if I can get this replaced.

UPDATE:
Went to the dealership a few weeks after that to have the SI-Drive light checked out and a new cup holder installed. Turns out that when I purchased the car, it was missing the middle divider in the cup holder. Anyways, they took a look at the drive switch, just to find out that the mounting was loose and you had to push down after you turned the knob. They said they couldn't replicate the issue, and pushed it out the door. It still seems loose, so I'll be taking it apart in the spring to adjust everything to my liking.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Rhycon's 2009 STi - Stage 2 AEM 93 Octane Map

08/08/2012 - Installed AEM Cold Air Intake
Installed the AEM Cold Air Intake in about 30 minutes, and could not be happier. After the install, I reflashed the ECU with the AccessPort to Cobb's AEM 93 Octane map!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

2/6/2013 - Windows tinted 35%
Recently got my windows tinted at a local company near Dayton called Ziebart. I've had a few cars tinted through them in the past, and they always do a fantastic job.

She's a little dirty as it was snowing when I picked her up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Tonight I purchased a few gifts for myself. I purchased the RCE Yellow springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, and Triple Gauge Pod. A guy at work sold me three AutoMeter Cobalt Gauges (AFR Wideband, Boost, and Pyrometer) for a decent price, so I figured I'd put them in soon. I'll get pics of Before and After on the springs for some additional comparisons as soon as I get them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Just installed the RCE Yellow springs, without any hiccups at all. I didn't end up using the camber bolts, as the stock ones had a better range of adjustment. While it was on the rack, we also replaced the front and rear pads with StopTech brake pads. Pics to follow of the springs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Rhycon's 2009 STi

Installed the Raijin's on Saturday, in the process of getting some better shots after I finish cleaning her!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Rhycon's 2009 STi

Since I put the wheels on Saturday afternoon, I've been in detailing mode.

- Claybarring the entire car
- Paint Cleaner
- Polish
- Wax

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Rhycon's 2009 STi - 18x8.5 +35 Enkei Raijin's Installed!

love the wheels!
Thanks man! I've been looking for wheels probably around a year now. I saw these on a few different models on this forum, and couldn't resist. I've been considering getting them powder coated to white this winter, just to go with a more aggressive look.

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts

Thanks man! I've been looking for wheels probably around a year now. I saw these on a few different models on this forum, and couldn't resist. I've been considering getting them powder coated to white this winter, just to go with a more aggressive look.
If the polls are open, I vote for gold.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

If the polls are open, I vote for gold.
I've thought about gold before, along with going with black. My main concern is looking like every other blue Subi out there, with Blue & Black, or Blue & Gold. :(

What I'll probably do is just photoshop the wheels I have on the car to different colors to see how they look and then open a poll. :)

·
Registered
241 Posts

Hell i like them silver lol...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

You know, the more and more I look at it... the silver is growing on me. I think you're right @five0three

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: 09 WRB STi - 18x8.5 +35 Enkei Raijin's Installed!

Last Friday, I was driving home from work during lunch like I do everyday. I got in the car, started it up, and as I was turning the SI-Drive switch from S to S#, the knob broke off. Completely snapped. I've had so many small issues with this SI-Drive switch, that it's started to irritate me. Of course, the knob itself can't just be replaced, so I was forced to order the entire switch from Subaru.

It should be extremely simple to install, but damn. Come on now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts