IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an 08 sti hatchback daily driver with a perin cold air intake and an accesport. My stock turbo has a bad seal so I was planning on getting a fp black turbo. I already know that will need a full exaust, injectors and and fuel pump.

I am just trying to figure out what all else needs to be installed to run the bigger turbo and what I should do just to be safe.

Is the fp black reliable and is it too much for a daily driver?

What should I install while I have my exaust pulled off besides my uppipe?

Should I switch to a cobb cold air intake?

What size injectors should I go for?

How long do I have until I damage my car with a bad center seal on the turbo and what might it damage?

If you have any other thoughts on the subject please elaborate

·
Vendor
424 Posts
I currently have an 08 sti hatchback daily driver with a perin cold air intake and an accesport. My stock turbo has a bad seal so I was planning on getting a fp black turbo. I already know that will need a full exaust, injectors and and fuel pump.

I am just trying to figure out what all else needs to be installed to run the bigger turbo and what I should do just to be safe.

Is the fp black reliable and is it too much for a daily driver?

What should I install while I have my exaust pulled off besides my uppipe?

Should I switch to a cobb cold air intake?

What size injectors should I go for?

How long do I have until I damage my car with a bad center seal on the turbo and what might it damage?

If you have any other thoughts on the subject please elaborate
Are you going to build the motor? How much power do you want?

I'd suggest a 20g, ID1050s with a 320lph fuel pump and equal length headers/downpipe. You can make all the power your stock bottom end can handle with that setup. We've built and tuned LOTs of these. Hit me up for a package deal with tuning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts