IW STi Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1377 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,322
Looking good in the 3 sessions I managed on the test day. Ended up with a PB (1:14.3) on medium boost, track was quite slippery too! Hopefully Sunday is dry enough for a high boost session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,324
How goes it?

How does it feel?

Pace?

Feels a lot better down low even though the torque didn’t really change, running more camber this year and I think that helped a bit. I ran 1.1 seconds faster on medium boost compared to my high boost time last year. A lot more I can do with my driving though. Also brakes are better with the cooling and ME22 pads.

Today is really wet so will just be some fun.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,333
Jeremy when's the car getting the Jenny Craig diet lol!
C'mon man, we want to see Aerosim Research Dry Carbon Roof, and more weight savings to the car!!

Haha! Probably only when I can’t go faster with more power, mechanical grip or driver skill. It’s pretty barren inside now, probably still 1400kg tho. I think the first thing would be a Rallytech full bonnet, then hatch, roof and doors lol.

·
Registered
860 Posts
You should probably weigh the car Jeremy, not to be a doubter but I don't think your car is 1400kgs.

Mine is weighing in at 3060lbs (1387kgs) with me out of the car, and that's with a Dry Carbon Roof, CF Driveshaft, Chromoly Roll Cage, Fully stripped interior, Full Paint Protection Film on Entire Car, OEM battery, Deleted AC, Deleted Front Crash Beam, Removed all Airbags, Kevlar Seats, BBK, Dry Carbon Hatch w/Lexan Rear Window, and lots of other weight reduction areas, and even ADDED weight with all the Cusco Bracing underneath the car. I understand some mods are give and take w/weight, but needless to say these cars are fairly heavy still, even with a stripped interior!

I do need to reweigh my car, because I recently did a whole bunch of engine bolt-ons like TGV deletes, Titanium Intake, Lightweight Battery, etc. For argument sake we could say it's now at 3000lbs.

My upcoming plans will be to get Full Dry Carbon Doors made from a friend of mine, and put in some Lexan windows around the car, and maybe, just maybe, I'll get the car down to 2500lbs (1134kgs). Needless to say, my roll cage guy who's the best in Canada was not happy with the weight, and he did lots of weight saving work while building the cage (ie: removing unnecessary metal, and body filler inside the car).

I think it'd be cool to see what the actual weight of your car is, and then go from there!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,336 (Edited)
You should probably weigh the car Jeremy, not to be a doubter but I don't think your car is 1400kgs.
I think it'd be cool to see what the actual weight of your car is, and then go from there!

Yup, getting the car corner-weighted before the next round of time attack here so will see what it is then! Car was 1485kg with half the interior in the car. Since then all the interior and trimmings except the dash have been removed including airbags and carpets, saved 20+kg on the front seats alone, Choromoly cage added maybe 20kg, so maybe closer to 1430-50kg.

Will be following your lightening closely!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,338 (Edited)
Think i may have found the reason the car doesn't want to make anymore than 515whp, it just cant hold any more boost and the engine is tired after 3+ years, 30-40 thousand kms on 300-360kw at 26-32psi. Pistons are factory forged ones ported with 150k kms on them...Will try make it last the season while i figure out my rebuild plans... :lol: iag stage 4 extreme with 2.0L heads (firelock sounds the go)?? Closed deck my ej207, 14mm headstuds, firelock machining (there's a NZ version), then heaps of boost.

Compression and Leakdown.

Cyl #1 – 100psi; 45% leak down (rings) :eek:

Cyl #2 – 110psi; 30% leak down (rings)

Cyl #3 – 110psi; 45% leak down (rings)

Cyl #4 – 115psi; 20% leak down (rings)

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Think i may have found the reason the car doesn't want to make anymore than 515whp, it just cant hold any more boost and the engine is tired after 3+ years, 30-40 thousand kms on 300-360kw at 26-32psi. Pistons are factory forged ones ported with 150k kms on them...Will try make it last the season while i figure out my rebuild plans... :lol: iag stage 4 extreme with 2.0L heads (firelock sounds the go)?? Closed deck my ej207, 14mm headstuds, firelock machining (there's a NZ version), then heaps of boost.

Compression and Leakdown.

Cyl #1 – 100psi; 45% leak down (rings) :eek:

Cyl #2 – 110psi; 30% leak down (rings)

Cyl #3 – 110psi; 45% leak down (rings)

Cyl #4 – 115psi; 20% leak down (rings)

Having done that many time, I say:

You have reputable shops such as PBMS who have actually competed in international level races. Atleast call them and talk to them and see what sort of impression you get.

Or, get a clone of mine from P2P. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,340
Having done that many time, I say:

You have reputable shops such as PBMS who have actually competed in international level races. Atleast call them and talk to them and see what sort of impression you get.

Or, get a clone of mine from P2P. :rolleyes:

Yup, PBMS have changed owners a few times in the last few years so quite a bit different from the old days, still an option never the less. I think I’ll stick with my tuner for this time and either have them install a purchased block or help me build one up, but I have heaps of time to sort.
And I may have a quote from a certain boutique coming lol..

1321 - 1340 of 1377 Posts