IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1377 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Re: 2008 JDM Sti - Thoughts on Wraps?

Thoughts on Wraps?

Good or Bad and compared to repaint or touch-ups. Probably won't do it but interested to explore the option.

Example I created off the 3M website.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Re: 2008 JDM Sti - Thoughts on Wraps?

I have seen wraps that look super and if your paint is all chewed up, it is a reasonable alternative to painting and it allows you to drastically change things up. But to have the whole car done isn't cheap.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Re: 2008 JDM Sti - ...500whp ?

Just heard from Tuner, car will be bolted back on Dyno this evening and tuning finished early next week.

So I might finally get some numbers and my car back :rolleyes:

Heres to hoping we hit the 500whp mark :D

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

Just heard from Tuner, car will be bolted back on Dyno this evening and tuning finished early next week.

So I might finally get some numbers and my car back :rolleyes:

Heres to hoping we hit the 500whp mark :D
E85?

Regarding wrapping:
I would get paint repair and opti coat (3-400$) and spend the rest of the money on Coil overs and bushings and sway bars if I were you. Just a higher priority with a 500whp weapon imho.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

E85?

Regarding wrapping:
I would get paint repair and opti coat (3-400$) and spend the rest of the money on Coil overs and bushings and sway bars if I were you. Just a higher priority with a 500whp weapon imho.
Tune on 98 octane. They don't have E85 available where I live, otherwise I would for sure!

Regarding wraps I think you are right, I've always been function over form anyways :)

·
Registered
224 Posts

I just love the JDM 2.0L EJ207, and how it revs up to 8200rpm :eek:
Wish I would have this engine instead of the EJ257 :rolleyes:

For the suspension:
I would recommend you KW coilovers, swaybars & endlinks + polyurethane bushings.

For the braking:
I used Endless MX72 brake pads with the stock calipers as well before my big brake kit, they were quite nice. But you need to adress the thermal problem -> brake cooling required!
Or go with the big 6 pot caliper from Brembo, maybe you find some used ones on the JDM junkyard.. But cooling is required there as well!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

Getting my front Sway bar put on a looser setting to try help reduce understeer/bulldozing.

Pretty sure i've got this the right way around. :)

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
2008 JDM Sti - ...500whp ?

I don't recommend STI Ra-r 6 piston set up.
Almost every other bbk is better with also lower price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

I just love the JDM 2.0L EJ207, and how it revs up to 8200rpm :eek:
Wish I would have this engine instead of the EJ257 :rolleyes:

For the suspension:
I would recommend you KW coilovers, swaybars & endlinks + polyurethane bushings.

For the braking:
I used Endless MX72 brake pads with the stock calipers as well before my big brake kit, they were quite nice. But you need to adress the thermal problem -> brake cooling required!
Or go with the big 6 pot caliper from Brembo, maybe you find some used ones on the JDM junkyard.. But cooling is required there as well!
Image Link
Haha :D I love it to! Something about the high reving that gets me.

Great for the 0-100kmh times with 2nd gear getting to approx 107km/h

I have Whiteline front and rear swaybars. Tuner seemed to think the JDM endlinks were pretty strong..? I will explore the bushing side of things. KW coilovers will be my next purchase i think.

In regards to braking there is room and and suggested option to duct in air from the front to cool the brakes. Tuner seemed to think the Endless pads don't fade regardless of temperature, they just wear more quickly. The issue could have been the fluid boiling as well, hadn't been changed since new i think.. Big Brembos are quite expensive new! Around $4000 USD here in New Zealand. :eek:

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

Front endlinks are quite strong.
Maybe just upgrade the rear.

For bushings, you can get a complete package from Super pro or Whileline.

You will need group N engine and transmission mounts.

Seems excessive?
Maybe but do it this way and you simply will not believe how much better your car will feel.

Send me a pm.
I have Alcon contacts with a price hard to match!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

Front endlinks are quite strong.
Maybe just upgrade the rear.

For bushings, you can get a complete package from Super pro or Whileline.

You will need group N engine and transmission mounts.

Seems excessive?
Maybe but do it this way and you simply will not believe how much better your car will feel.

Send me a pm.
I have Alcon contacts with a price hard to match!

I think the transmision and engine mounts may have been done with custom ones by the tuner when they rebuilt the motor. Ill ask about the endlinks and bushings. PM sent :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

Car went back on the Dyno today. They got more power with the emission control removed.

To further maximises the full potential of the car and give me "bang for my buck" as the tuner said, they are going to put in larger oversized Valves and port the heads to suit.

While the motor is out they are going to check the mounts.

Means further delay in getting the car back, but may as well maximise the potential.:lol:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts

Tuner is saying Valves and Head Porting will take 4-5 weeks? Does this sound right? :confused:
It depends on how backed up the machine shop is. The job itself really only takes a few hours.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

It's not very good but acceptable, considering, we don't have IAG or... In Aus/NZ.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)

It depends on how backed up the machine shop is. The job itself really only takes a few hours.
Haha :lol: Yeap I asked and it's the lead time of the parts coming from US, must have been coming by a carrier pigeon or something. Promptly told him get it airfreighted, I'll pay the cost :rolleyes:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)

Small Parts update for what has been installed so far, this time around.

Emtron Australia MY07-14 Plugin Engine Management​
Tomei Type S Fuel Pressure Regulator​
LINK 4 Bar MAP Sensor​
Custom Plenum Chamber for Intake Manifold​
Deleted TGV and Ported Bolt on Adaptors - emission sensors disabled​

Still to come is the Oversized Valves and Head Porting, then another tune....ETA this week.
Then it should be ready to rock and roll!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

I like the list.

I wanted to get the Link map sensor but I was told I need an adaptor for GD. Ended up going Perrin.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #80

Valves have arrived and the head goes to machining shop tomorrow for porting.

Almost have given up on the thought of ever getting the car back after it has been in the shop for the last 2 months... :rolleyes: I'm sure some of you know the feeling.

That being said i'm sure that will all dissappear once i get back into the car! Im guessing next week will be the week. Re-tune will happen early next week. :tup:

61 - 80 of 1377 Posts