IW STi Forum banner

741 - 760 of 1377 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #741
Re: 2008 JDM Sti - Help car died and won't start

Is it a normal crank or a slow crank then stop?

Checked oil/coolant for levels and anything wrong with their texture?
It doesn't even do a full rotation, a slow crank.

Oil Level and coolant levels are good, I'm due for an oil change been 3750 miles since the last one. Thanks for your help. :)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts

It doesn't even do a full rotation, a slow crank.

Oil Level and coolant levels are good, I'm due for an oil change been 3750 miles since the last one. Thanks for your help. :)
It's definitely not sensors or anything in that realm in that case, I would definitely check the timing belt and starter.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #743 (Edited)

It's definitely not sensors or anything in that realm in that case, I would definitely check the timing belt and starter.
If it is the timing belt am i fucked? Was crusing at 3000rpm 40mph when it went. WIll try get it towed and checked out today. If it is, closed deck here we come.. actually maybe just an unbreakable timing belt.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #745

Which timing belt is there right now?

It really depends on how it snapped, good chance the cams spun into a neutral position and didn't have any more energy to open up the valves.

Isn't the EJ207 3/4 closed already? :)
Semi-closed. I'm really hoping your right! Its getting towed this morning for the Subaru gurus to check out.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #750

The Subaru shop here has checked out the car mechanically and everything checks out, the car turns over once but wont start, so it appears to either be an ECU or alarm/immobilizer issue. Talking to auto-electrician's and my tuner to try sort. I'm glad it most likely isn't mechanical! :tup:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #751 (Edited)

They still haven't found what's wrong so it's going on a truck 5hrs back to the tuner in Pukekohe tomorrow so they can hopefully diagnose and fix. Possibly could be the ECU or some injector issue.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #757
Re: 2008 JDM Sti - Jammed Ethrottle and Bent Steering Rack

The tuner found that the problem was the e-throttle was jammed shut. So car is now going! :lol:

On a slightly less enthusiastic note, the towing company managed to bend my steering rack!! :( First I heard about it was the tuner asking if i would like them to fix it?? They are going to sort with the tow company.

They will also do a service and an oil change plus a general check over. Really debating in my head whether to get them to do the oil cooler or not... :rolleyes:

741 - 760 of 1377 Posts