IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1377 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Re: 2008 JDM STI-Built Motor, ID2000cc, EFR7670, Race Cam, HKS, Motul, Eagle, ACL, Ex

EFR7670s catch my attention immediately. Subscribed!

Definitely put some attention into the suspension. You want that thing planted as best you can for sure.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Re: 2008 JDM STI-Built Motor, ID2000cc, EFR7670, Race Cam, HKS, Motul, Eagle, ACL, Ex

EFR7670s catch my attention immediately. Subscribed!

Definitely put some attention into the suspension. You want that thing planted as best you can for sure.

I have decided to go with KW v3 Coilovers, however i will wait a month or so and do them with the Emtron ECU and 3.5" Exhaust. :lol:

What other suspension upgrades would you recommend?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Re: Re: 2008 JDM STI-Built Motor, ID2000cc, EFR7670, Race Cam, HKS, Motul, Eagle, ACL

I have decided to go with KW v3 Coilovers, however i will wait a month or so and do them with the Emtron ECU and 3.5" Exhaust. :lol:

What other suspension upgrades would you recommend?
Can't go wrong with those. You could consider racecomp tarmac2s which are basically v3s but better.

You want to look at everything really. All depends on budget, use, etc. Sways, endlinks, coilovers, adjustable lcas/toe arms, various bushings, camber plates/bolts/bushings, roll center, anti lift are all parts of the equation. Wheel and tire set up too. A great alignment and corner balance as well. There are a number of excellent threads and users in here to help. The power in your car is going to be fantastic, I'd hate to see the suspension setup ruin the experience.

My suspension and your power would be ideal in my mind.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Dyno delayed until next week due to revised Intercooler end tanks to fit around air conditioning condensor... Hopefully it won't be delayed anymore

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)

Decided to bite the bullet and install an Emtron ECU on the tuners advice, to safeguard and get the most possible out of the engine. Also the factory ECU will struggle to cope with the 2000cc injectors as well as the airflow meter becoming ineffective above 400 whp.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

ahhhhh... just found out today, it will be a few weeks before the Emtron Plugin ECU is avaliable for the v11 Sti, so will get the Factory ECU tuned in the meantime while i wait for the new ECU.... so only looking at 450 whp for now... :rolleyes:

I looked at the Motec M800 plugin ECU, but it disables half the car and requires an additional diff controller, so decided to wait for the Emtron which is a direct fit and retains factory features.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Re: 2008 JDM STI - 536whp Goal, Built Motor, EFR7670

Small Update.

Car is finished apart from the Tune and needing an ECU.... :(

Tuner couldn't get the ID2000cc injectors to work with the Factory ECU, due to overlaping in the timing.

Sooo.... I will have to wait for the Emtron ECU which will hopefully be available in approx a weeks time. Shop is sure 536whp is definitely achiveably with this. :D

Also seriously considering installing a 1.5way Cusco Rear LSD, so i can do some controlled sliding... :D :rofl:

·
Registered
9,114 Posts

I look forward to the results! :tup:

Sucks that you guys don't have Cobb Speed Density, it is good for >700whp and 2000cc injectors even with the stock ECU :(

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

I look forward to the results! :tup:

Sucks that you guys don't have Cobb Speed Density, it is good for >700whp and 2000cc injectors even with the stock ECU :(

Agreed!! Would make everything so much easier. So much more information available too. Anyways i quite like the high reving JDM :lol: Will see how it goes!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Re: 2008 JDM STI - EFR7670, 430whp for now....

Got my Car back on Thursday.

They modified the highflow standard injectors to use in the car until the new ECU Comes.

Dyno sheets to come soon, but they made approx 430whp on the Factory ECU.

Wow, is all i can say, the car now flies! No noticeable lag difference.

Also the sound the car now makes! Ive fallen in love. Sounds like a rally car with the new Downpipe and EWG! how all cars should sound.

Also amazed on the difference the Sway bars made, best value for money upgrade anyone could do! Eliminates all body roll.

More pics to come, but heres a quick one to start with.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
2008 JDM STI - 401whp 329tq - Dyno sheet attached

Received Dyno Sheet today.

Results 401whp 329ft/lbs, lower than the 430whp originally mentioned to me. is this low torque?

Welcome comments on this please :)

New ECU will sort that out when it comes. Overlap in injector timing with the factory ECU is cause the car to be a bit smoky/sooty under power.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: 2008 JDM Sti - 401whp 329 ft/lbs - dyno sheet attached.

with headwork, EFR7670 turbo, 98 octane, I would expect 450whp 400whp on a dynapack

I think the ECU is holding you back :(

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

with headwork, EFR7670 turbo, 98 octane, I would expect 450whp 400whp on a dynapack

I think the ECU is holding you back :(
They limited it to 400hp to be safe with the factory airflow meter, new ECU comes in a few weeks, then I should be seeing approx 400kw atw (536whp) I was getting sick of not having my car so this was just a setup that I could drive in the meantime! :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

Could definitely be ECU, but remember it's a 2L motor! won't be as torquey as the 2.5L :(
My tuners car is also a 2.0l he got 600whp, only difference on his car to mine is slightly bigger cams, Motul ECU and a 3.5" Exhaust system. So I have potential! Just got to get hold of this New ECU when it comes out.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Re: 2008 JDM Sti - Built EFR7670 - 401whp 329wtq For Now...

Sorted my insurance today, they seemed to want to change my premium because of the modifications, how unusual! :rofl: I have peace of mind as everything in current state is covered. :tup:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Re: 2008 JDM Sti - Brake Upgrade Needed to avoid Death

Brake upgrade suggestions needed urgently, had a severe case of brake fade on the weekend, which lead to the handbrake being used, spining out and going backwards through a busy main road intersection....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Fortunately no damage to car apart from a minor wheel curb scrap, and wheels out of alignment and managed to miss all cars. :tup:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Re: 2008 JDM Sti - Built EFR7670 - 401whp 329wtq For Now...

Brake Upgrade for now will be Endless Brake pads and Motul Brake fluid. See how this goes.

Getting a wheel alignment done today, as the little incident threw the wheels out of alignment.

21 - 40 of 1377 Posts