IW STi Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
at this point, i am really considering going to a blow through setup to help my maf a bit.
seems as though having it in the stock location is causing some air to get lost in the shuffle and cause a lean/rich condition. speaking with my tuner, we both feel this would help my hunting.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Hey ive been watching your threads because I'm having the same hunt also. I'm not getting misfires but mines no good. Same symptoms. I've cleaned my maf, changed my plugs, cleaned my throttle body, checked all vac lines, and seafoamed my car to and nothing. What seemed to help is when my tuner messed with my idle tables. If u figure it out PLEASE keep us posted because most threads end with no solution.
Thanks boss

·
Registered
573 Posts
update!
but that lasts for 2 seconds then settles out @ 900rpms (tuned to run).
we checked the o2 @ my tuner and it is reading.
ideas?
Someone said they had the same thing but was fixed after they changed the plugs. Of course a gap issue can cause a misfire.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
thanks guys.
the ngk plugs came pre-gapped. we checked all of them.
car is going into my tuner's shop today for a bit to see whats up.
i am pretty sure a blow-thru set is in it's future and if that happens a duck call on the bov is coming too, buwahahahhahahahahaa

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
the car is @ my tuner's now.
looks like with this new release of software by cobb for speed density, i'll be saved providing there are no actual issues with the car.
we'll see.
once it is released, i'll be switching over.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
hmm i dont think im in the same boat anymore, well atleast i dont know. I looked at my front 02 sensor and its bent from somehow hitting the firewall ( i have no idea, perrin headers makes it close) so im going to replace that before i try anything else. I need to find a good place to buy one, there expenseive.

Hope you find your issue

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I had the same issues. Only on cold start it would idle hunt. Around 80kph if I went to accelerate it would stumble slightly.

Oddly enough I saw he was at the same tuner I was. Found another tuner, started from scratch and got retuned. It took some time with the tuner on the road to diagnose it but its been resolved. Take the car for a ride with your tuner in the passenger seat and show them first hand. I THINK it was related to timing maps for TGVs IIRC (don't quote me on this though).

21 - 37 of 37 Posts