IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who cannot locate a limited to see yourself, my buddy and I along with the gf went and saw both a grey and a white last night. We are coming from an 04 and an 05. Things we saw that haven't been mentioned on this site yet (I try to be meticulous) :

- What I think is the air pump is located next to the fuse box above the battery. Comparing to the 06, it looks like they changed the fuse box in 06 to accomodate the air pump.
- The little 3/8 inch trim that near the bottom of the door which connects the side skirts to the body is color matched on the white, but still black on the grey.
- The interior piece of the rear tail light is chrome where as the 06 had grey, with chrome only around the actual bulb.
- Head room in decrease by approximately 1 in with the sun roof, but there still is a slot in the rear for your tall passengers' heads. I am 6'4" and I don't touch the roof in the limited, but with a helmet on I would. (there is less than an inch of clearance with the seat fully lowered.
- The heated seat control for the driver is next to the intercooler spray/fog lights/leveler. For the passenger it is on the door forward of the window control.
- According the scientific method of using your finger for measurement, my buddy is conviced that the offset on the limited wheels is bigger (ie closer to the car) by 2-3mm. I wasn't entirely conviced.
- The floor mats did not have STI embroidered on them.
- There is stiching around the carpet in the trunk
- The letters in the impreza badge on the trunk lid were painted blue (not sure if this was the same in 06)

I took lots of pictures of the grey (including several of the engine bay). I will try to get them posted tomorrow. I have the day off.

·
Registered
614 Posts
THey look good in real life; although the rear still is very awkward looking; kinda a huge bottom with a tiny little lip, that while may be functional,looks tacky and added on (kinda like our huge wing, but that works!)

In that grey color with the front lip and black brembos it does look classy from the front and sides though.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Having just picked up my UGM baby (433), I must say the interior is of good quality. I'm impressed w/ the leather and the carpet (it actually feels thicker, like originally claimed it would be on the limited). Seats feel good, leather is not too slippery. In fact, if anything it's better and more comfortable than the standard blue escaine fabric.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts