IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my '07 and noticed when driving in stop & go traffic, I can't seem to go slow under 10MPH smoothly. It surges then slows back and forth... Especially on a grade... It is significant! Almost like the turbo is kicking in and cutting out...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
My '04 STI did not have this issue... Any thoughts other than OE?<o:p></o:p>

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
My 05' would do that everyonce in a while until it was warmed up. It felt like there was a little skip/miss. It would only do it when it was winter time.

Does it still do it after the car is up to operating temp.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I would explain it to the dealership.

I will say that even my car is a little hesitant when its cold.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's worse when warm... Actually it's worse after accelerating, slowing down to a stop, then try to creep.. It bucks badly until you get into 2nd !!

My '04 STI was not nearly as bad, you could at least settle it down.

·
Registered
150 Posts
in the lower gears our cars are very sensitive to change in throttle input. i've found even going over bumps on the road in 1st and 2nd can result in some slight bucking because it will cause your foot to move slightly while on the gas pedal. i've also found our cars have some slight hesitation when not fully warmed up.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I have a video of an EVO that is trying to brake boost first gear and he was bucking the car so bad, the camera man couldn't hold the camera straight and asked the driver "WTF's your problem? Drive the f'n car!"

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
I had that happen to me a few times on turns going slowly....the car was like bucking and chugging.....I thought..."WTF is the problem"

·
Registered
126 Posts
In the earlier days of my car id let my friends drive that were capable of driving my car, and they said "OMG, this thing dosnt like going slow, it just wants to take off". So i dont know if the bobbing is a bad thing as much as it is a bad ass thing. Your dig? Get the net?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
The throttle duty cycle map on the stock ecu is pretty aggressive at part throttle and initial throttle. Smoothing this map out with make your car way smoother and less jerky. Some people like this and some dont.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I think it is normal. Mine doesn't do it anymore because I fixed my right foot. Before hand I used to much throtle and the car would jerk, I would let go and it would jerk back. It just takes some getting used to I think and you will be fine.

Anyhow, sick ride man. You have any pictures to show??

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will have the dealer check it out anyway and let you know what they say if anything!! DBW adjustment??
I am going up to TDC tuning end of October for a base line dyno run and will have them check it out if unable to identify.
--Accessport does not have '07 maps out yet as far as I know...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts