IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looknigat pics of new stis, then at my roommate's 06 wrx, and other than the wing and the foglight covers, they look the same? in 05 looked like the sti had a larger front fascia, but now are they almost the exact same shape? is the sti a little lower stock?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats the only diff though? if i llook at the two front ends head to head other than foglights i acnt tell any diffs.

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,934 Posts
Yeah, other than Wheels, the drop, the stickers, fogs, and bookshelf, they look basically the same. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, the difference that counts is more than skin deep. Go past the sheet metal. STi = different (read, much better) transmission, more power, more torque, better handling. And less sound-deadening, and crappier seats. :lol: But they're both Imprezas at the bare bolts, so they're gonna look alike without something like a body kit.

How do you tell a Camry LE and an XE apart? Other than the badges and wheels, they look the same as well.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i feel like people think im saying theyre the same car. believe me, im not. i know whats what and i know why im buying an sti not a wrx. my roommate will take a lot of convincing for why i went for the bookshelf, but hes stubborn anyway. i guess i thought the 04 wrx had a more different looking body than the sti, but i guess it was just the wheel sand stance confusing me. i plan on doing that awesome liquid sound deadening stuff (after more research on it). his wrx is really quiet inside on the highway and i like it. 8 lbs a gallon isnt too heavy for comfy ears.

·
Registered
998 Posts
There's a couple of small things, but only a real diehard would be able to tell.
Like the arch flare on the rear fenders! That's a subtle difference i, for one, did not notice until a few months after i had the car. Well, i think that's the case for the 06 WRX/STI. I know it is for the 05's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts