IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 sti mostly stock with about 160k on it and recently it died coming into a parking lot. Happened before and just needed the maf sensor cleaned and fixed the issue. But when it happened recently it has no power up to the point around 3k rpm and it clears out and runs like there is no issues at all. Watching the throttle body at key on engine off it is sitting open around 5%(I will include some videos I have on here) recently just replaced spark plugs with oem spec and replaced a connector at the coil pack due to a broken clip. I'm leaning towards the throttle body due to the fact that it's speratic on the percent it's at and while car is running watching the numbers it doesn't seem to match the pedal position sensor until a certain rpm range. I'll post some videos I have and hope someone has some knowledge on what's going on. Thanks guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had Cobb stage 2 map installed for a couple years but took it down to stage 1 map to see if anything would show up. Tonight I'm going to put it back to factory map and see if I can get it to throw a code while driving around the neighborhood. It just wants to die out unless I'm over 3000 rpm, then it drives like there is no issues at all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts