Votes: 49 47.6%
  • 07 Limited

Votes: 54 52.4%
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. I might have my camaro sold today.. and I started seriously thinking which car do i like better?

Right now I drive a 98 Corvette with under 19k miles on it. I really like the leather seats. My vette also has removeable top meaning I would probably like the moonroof of the limited.

On the other hand the 06's have 300 hp vs 293 I know its not much or exactly why there is a differnce but i plan on doing a few mods such as a Cobb Acessport and TBE or maybe just a downpipe so i can go stage 2. Is Cobb planning on making an AP for the limited or will the 06's work just fine on them? and would the exhausts fit the same as they do on the 06's..

Seems like to me i would be better off just going with the 06 because of everything that is already made for them..

Can anyone help me out please...

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
well as far as Cobb AP goes, Cobb has been making them specifically for each model Year STi (I) so I dont see why they wouldnt make one for the 2007. Sure enough they might not have it out yet but they will.

Good Luck with your decission.. its really upto YOU what you want to have in your STI (06+)it terms of options..

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
STi_4_Daddy said:
well as far as Cobb AP goes, Cobb has been making them specifically for each model Year STi (I) so I dont see why they wouldnt make one for the 2007. Sure enough they might not have it out yet but they will.

Good Luck with your decission.. its really upto YOU what you want to have in your STI (06+)it terms of options..
+1

I'm really happy with my '06, grabbed the last one out of the dealer. :)

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
06 Ftw

·
Registered
162 Posts
I love my 06. i like the 07 limited, but i dont like the leather seats in the winter or the summer. and the 06's already have alot of mods out there, but it wont take long for the 07's to get a aftermarket going. go for the 06.:tup:

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
1BA06STI said:
I love my 06. i like the 07 limited, but i dont like the leather seats in the winter or the summer. and the 06's already have alot of mods out there, but it wont take long for the 07's to get a aftermarket going. go for the 06.:tup:
+1......

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really appriciate all the quick replies Thank you everyone anyone else have an input?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
if i were to do it all again (if i could have held out for 2 years...heh) i would have gone with 07 limited sti, mainly because since I have owned the sti i changed to all black interior with leather evo seats, black door cards, a smaller wrx wing and also a rs hood.....The stock 07 sti is exactly what i wanted by my sti to be like from the factory, but it has been fun watching my car transform so if you can afford it...go for it, but dont let the "7 hp" fool u...read up a bit on it 8)

Also have u checked out the dark side?
after recent season of auto x'ing a white evo 9 RS or gsr seems very appealing to me..they have beautiful projectors, and are VERY cheap...and a evo ssl package is beautiful! (my bro has an evo 8 with weds and it looks very dark vader)

either way gl and if u have more q's pm me
-d

·
Registered
160 Posts
To me, it all depends on what you want/prefer from your vehicles. In the past, I preferred luxury- I had an '03 GLI that was loaded (heated leather, premium sound, sunroof, beautiful interior), and reasonably quick and nimble. But after riding just once in a WRX I had to have one, so I took a huge step down in comfort ('02 WRX) for the performance I wanted.

So, to me, the Limited is right up my alley, a bit of the luxury feel with the leather and sunroof and other interior changes, along with the performance that I've grown to love. Plus, my wife loves the heated seats.

And as far as the 293 hp rather than 300, it's my understanding that it's a different HP rating system this year, afaik no changes have been made to the engine/turbo.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
The horsepower discrepancy has nothing to do with the engine. No drivetrain changes have been made and the number difference is due to new SAE testing. I think the new guidelines require the engine to be run with all the accessories on like A/C.

And most parts for 04-06 will work on the 07. You really shouldn't be modding your car as soon as you take it home anyways. Enjoy it stock for a little bit as it really is a beast. The aftermarket will have pretty much caught up by the time you start getting serious.

·
OT stealth mod
4,261 Posts
07 Limited FTW. :(

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
so you see!!! you will get mixed feelings/reviews regarding this '07 Limited..

Its what ever suits your needs I like it but I wouldnt buy it.. <-- thats my review :lol: thats why I bought an Audi as well, for luxury.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rasetsu said:
You really shouldn't be modding your car as soon as you take it home anyways. Enjoy it stock for a little bit as it really is a beast. The aftermarket will have pretty much caught up by the time you start getting serious.
I didnt even think of about the break in miles. thats a real good point tho and it also has me leaning more to the Limited

Thanks again for everyones reply

·
Registered
47 Posts
Cobb is in the process of redoing the accessport, and it will no longer be year specific. Not sure if it will have maps starting with the 04 USDM STis, or if they will start with 06 or 07, but rest assured that there will be an AP for the 07 ltd.

That being said, the AP is a pain in the ass unless you're going to follow their mods exactly. Also, keep in mind that the maps are created in Salt Lake City (~4500 ft I believe), so if you're at a different elevation you may need a dyno tune to keep your AFRs in line.

Go EcuTek!

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
The horsepower difference is strictly because of the new SAE rating system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
'06 ... it's cheaper

I'd go with the '06 as you can likely get a great deal. I just (this week!) paid $500 under invoice, about $31,200 and pushed up my trade-in by $1,000 too. I doubt you'd see that sort of deal on the '07 Limited ...

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
boulderrex said:
Cobb is in the process of redoing the accessport, and it will no longer be year specific. Not sure if it will have maps starting with the 04 USDM STis, or if they will start with 06 or 07, but rest assured that there will be an AP for the 07 ltd.

That being said, the AP is a pain in the ass unless you're going to follow their mods exactly. Also, keep in mind that the maps are created in Salt Lake City (~4500 ft I believe), so if you're at a different elevation you may need a dyno tune to keep your AFRs in line.

Go EcuTek!

no offense ecutek :tdown:

I just think Cobb makes great EM,and quality Parts to safely MOD with

COBB FTW

1 - 20 of 70 Posts