IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the quality of Fujistsubo but not sure they offer turbobacks. Any other suggestions?

Besides low noise at idle, low drone at cruising speed, I am also concerned for aesthetics: high polish, nice welds, etc.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Check out Stromung, they make a very nice TBE, used to run it wen i was stg2. It doesn't drone at all on the highway or street, looks stock (i run the twin tip with the smaller tips) is very quiet when you want it to be, but when you get on it, it screams. IMO it's one of the best exhausts. BTW- i was running full catless, so if you run a cat it will be more quiet.

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
If you want a drone free ride, look no further then the Maddad solution. I run only there cat-back portion, but they also do offer a catted downpipe, and a dual catted setup. The quality is excellent, drone is non-existant, and all the thrilling WOT is still there.

www.daddysscp.com

·
Registered
123 Posts
i feel stupid but this is what u guys are here for..............what is drone, rumble nose?

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
If you want quiet, pick up the MadDad whisper cat-back & v2 catted downpipe. The only setup I know of that is quieter is stock. And the whisper is stealthy looking, too -- the tip looks stock. I even painted the back of the muffler can black so you cannot see it from the rear.

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Rootus said:
If you want quiet, pick up the MadDad whisper cat-back & v2 catted downpipe. The only setup I know of that is quieter is stock. And the whisper is stealthy looking, too -- the tip looks stock. I even painted the back of the muffler can black so you cannot see it from the rear.

Agreed, I recommended that above. Definite +1!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm sure I'll get "boxer rumble" flamed again, but I'd consider an equal length header.

I have a Greddy Evo2, which is considered a very quiet setup. Combined with my Invidia catless dp, it was still a little loud for my liking. The APS header made it perfect. Almost stock at idle. I hear more of my intake than my exhaust now.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
The only two TBE systems I would consider are Cobb and APS due to design. It's all about the downpipe design and the cast bellmouth which keeps the heat in the exhaust where you want it among other flow benefits. Both systems are top notch quality wise. A lot of research went in to these systems:
http://www.cobbtuning.com/wrx/downpipe-tech.html

To keep any exhaust *quiet* it helps to stay catted. APS is a little on the louder side of "quite" IMO. The Cobb system is just about right as it has a little burble and just the "right" tone when getting on it.

*edit* Thanks for the seplling lseson, dciks. ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Catless exhaust with my equal length header is quieter than any catted system I've heard with stock headers (other than stock exhausts).

Just thought I'd mention that the word "Quiet" has the "e" prior to the "t".

·
resigned
5,609 Posts
Saabaru STI said:
Catless exhaust with my equal length header is quieter than any catted system I've heard with stock headers (other than stock exhausts).

Just thought I'd mention that the word "Quiet" has the "e" prior to the "t".
thank you... I was just gonna rant about how many times i had seen that recently ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts