IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am having an issue that for the life of me, I can not figure out. My oem headlights will flicker, typically on bumps, and sometimes, will go completely out. I can turn them off, and they will completely come back on. I initially thought this was the OEM HID ballast going bad, replaced one side, and that seemed to work for a bit, the other side started, figured ok, need another ballast. then yesterday, BOTH sides flickered and went out. both came right back on when I turned the lights off, and then back on again. i should mention all wiring looks to be in tact and getting power without any issues I or a friend can find.

has anyone else had this issue?

also, does anyone know where I can find an OEM hid ballast without paying 400?

small edit, I do have ddm tuning hid bulbs. they worked for a while but as i'm thinking....maybe the bulbs being cheap have some sort of bad connection and the ballasts are fine? i'll pick some up and check that. everything else minus just the bulbs is OEM

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably the bulbs. Throw some Osrams in there ricer! :LOL:
haha as i was racking my brain all day i posted that. then was like wait the bulbs arent oem......crap.....haha. what are osrams? i'll be picking up some new bulbs to see if that's the issue. if it is, awesome, easy day. if not.......gonna be annoyed haha.

·
Registered
325 Posts
haha as i was racking my brain all day i posted that. then was like wait the bulbs arent oem......crap.....haha. what are osrams? i'll be picking up some new bulbs to see if that's the issue. if it is, awesome, easy day. if not.......gonna be annoyed haha.
Why the best bulbs out there of course:

Seriously though they're worth it. They're OEM on a lot of applications, although ours come with Sylvania. But I'd go with these hands down.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, did the bulbs resolve the issue? What happened out there?
havent got bulbs yet. probably will next paycheck haha. i drive the car like once every 2 weeks or so at this point, and typically not at night, just for a nice day cruise. i'll get bulbs and update in the next couple of weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts