IW STi Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted APS because I did not recieve a Carb legal sticker and I also let them know that there is a clip that makes it a PITA to get the filter on. This is their response. :tdown:
If you would like to look at our website, you will see we have not released any part numbers for the 06 as yet.

Could you be a little more specific about the location of the offending stock clip, please?
<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","*
\n\nWith respect to the CARB sticker, we are unable\nto be of assistance, sorry,
\n\n*
\n\nBest regards,
\n\nDavid
\n\n</div>\n\n*
\n\n-----Original Message-----
\nFrom:
\nSent: Monday, 28 August 2006 2:37 AM
\nTo: APS Info
\nSubject: APS Web Enquiry
\n\n*
\n\nBelow is the result of your feedback form.* It\nwas submitted by
\n\n*() on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 02:36:34
\n\n------------------------------<WBR>------------------------------<WBR>---------------
\n\n*
\n\nFirst Name: Max
\n\n*
\n\nLast Name: Quintana
\n\n<span style\u003d\"font-size:10.0pt\">",1]);//--></SCRIPT>
With respect to the CARB sticker, we are unable to be of assistance, sorry,

Best regards,
David
Well Sorry David I'll never buy anything from APS again.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
APS is a good company, as for the intake not fitting on an 06 you should of done your homework or emailed them about fitment before buying. If you go to there site like David said it shows that information will be available soon. Also it doesnt say its CARB Legal on the website, as far as I know the only CARB intake is the spt. Correct me if im wrong.

·
3,274 Posts
I know nhluhr was running the APS CAI on his 06 STi for a while before he switched to the K&N Typhoon. The APS CAI is a bit of a PITA install regardless of model year but with a bit of work and a few curse words it will install just fine. :)

As for the CARB legality, you should have looked into that and/or asked APS or a vendor before you bought it.

I'm pretty sure the SPT intake and the K&N Typhoon intake are both CARB approved, you may want to look into those and post up the APS CAI in the classifieds here. I know the Republic of Kalifornia is pretty strict with mods so better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which is exactly why I'm warning others with 06 not to buy it. As far as the carb sticker that's no problem. Not the point of the email nor of the post.
As far as homework here is a quote from the website
Now everyone can experience the benefits of the world's most advanced cold air intake to suit the MY01 model onwards WRX and STI.
http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/wrx/my01/hfa.htm
Show me one place that the website says that it doesn't fit the 06. Read the quote. It's supposed to fit My01 and onwards.

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
I have an APS cold air on my 06 and like it just fine. Yes it's a little bit of a PITA to install and I didn't get a CARB sticker either. I don't live in Cali so I don't really care. APS makes some of the highest quality stuff I've seen.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Republic of Kalifornia is pretty strict with mods
Exactly... That's why I asked if he had a sticker. I was pulled over a few days ago and the cop looked under my hood. I didn't get a ticket for the intake because it matched the stock color scheme.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cali is the most retarded state when it comes to cars/mods IMO
I completely agree... I'll be taking it off and putting it up on the classifieds as soon as I get a chance. I think I'm going to go with K&N Typhoon.

·
3,274 Posts
From your original post:

boataholic said:
I contacted APS because I did not recieve a Carb legal sticker...
Then:

boataholic said:
As far as the carb sticker that's no problem. Not the point of the email nor of the post.

Show me one place that the website says that it doesn't fit the 06. Read the quote. It's supposed to fit My01 and onwards.
:confused:

Looks like another person on here has the APS CAI on their 06. That makes 2 people I know of who have it installed on their 06. It does fit, you just have to work with it a bit. It was a PITA to install the filter on my 05 but eventually I managed to get it on.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just double check on the KN filter, I heard its still pending CARB
I sure will...
Thanks

·
Registered
890 Posts
I believe my old Injen CAI was carb legal, you may want to look into that if carb legal is a must.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
boataholic said:
Which is exactly why I'm warning others with 06 not to buy it. As far as the carb sticker that's no problem. Not the point of the email nor of the post.

did you even bother to look and see that they have nothing listed for the my06 usdm spec cars. that part is still under construction. This is more your fault then aps fault.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yeah man im installing this tomorrow and im prepared for a tuff install but I will make it work. I dont blame aps though thats just me

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I understand your point about 06 fitment, but why in the hell would you expect APS to send you a CARB sticker?

Nowhere on their site does it say CARB certified, and to send you a sticker would be highly illegal.

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,687 Posts
I have a APS CAI on my 06 AND I live in California.
The CAI fit perfect with the exception of a little work getting the filter on, and the carb sticker is irrelevant IMO.

All this "California is so strict" stuff is really overrated....
Don't go Fast and the Furious'ing around, and you won't have to talk to a cop. ever.
I've lived here all my life (23)years, 7 years of driving modified vehicles (trucks, and cars), and not ONE hassle from a cop.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
3 friends with APS CAI on 06 STi's. Fit with abit of brains no problems.

·
Registered
407 Posts
boataholic said:

To be fair that link is on their 2004-2005 STi page http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/us_spec/subaru/sti/2004_sti.htm

If you go here then you will see that they don't have any information for the 2006 STI's just yet http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/products_usa.html

So yeah, there is no where on the site that says that it will fit a 2006 STI.

·
Premium Member
9,198 Posts
boataholic said:
I contacted APS because I did not recieve a Carb legal sticker and I also let them know that there is a clip that makes it a PITA to get the filter on. This is their response. :tdown:

Well Sorry David I'll never buy anything from APS again.

you are going to boycot a company because a product did not live up to your unfounded expectations?

way to be rational.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.