IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I've been away for a while, glad to be back.

I'm going to pull a move on an STI beginning of this week (06).

I was bent on an Aspen/gold when i went to go look last weekend, but soon after went to another dealer, saw the WRB/gold and i was stunned.

For the past week, i've been going back and forth and cannot make a decision. Every day, i seem to tell myself

1. The Blue is stunning. White is sleek.
2. White looks better with the new 06 front. Blue looks better from the side profile.
3. The blue color gives it a "deep" appearance. White looks, well, damn good too.
4. Althogh the WR Blue is "common", it looks great. I don't see too many aspen's, they look sweet too.

etc, etc...

IMHO, of course.

They're so different, yet i like them both so damn much.

I almost wish one of them would sell.
I negotiated 400$ under invoice on the white, 1000$ on WR Blue (again, separate dealers - the WR would require me to drive some 3 hours as it is in another state).

This is my first time really "choosing" a color. My E36 M3 and E30 325iX are both red - wasn't looking for a particular color, i guess i was just in the right place at the right time for the red.

My question is, for those with WRB/gold and Aspen/gold, would you do it again? Any complaints? I realize those with WRB will stay faithful - the same for those with aspen. An STI is an STI, i shouldnt be too swayed by the color...but damn, this is hard :p.

Regards,
Mike

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
I feel your pain Mike.. I was the same way.. Why dont you do this.. Take a Pic of you and the car(s) together.. take them home study them and then in a few days make your decission :lol:

Good Luck Buddy...
Ps: Nice choice on the E30 AWD ;)

·
Registered
380 Posts
IMHO white/gold looks the best on the STi, expecially the 06, so I say go with that.

I have a WRB, but I bought mine used so I was just looking for something stock/low milage/well taken care of, and it just so happened to be WRB/gold. I would have liked to get the white/gold, but like I said I wasn't picky and its not like it looks bad ;)

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
if its an 06 the only colors i like are white and black

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
For the 06 I say aspen white or black - WRB 06's dont do it for me - but its all personal tastes ;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
I got WHITE and I everyone of my friends like it. One chick I know liked the blue before until i got my aspen white one and now she likes that colour better then the WRB............. Aspen White FTW!!!

·
Registered
13,137 Posts
Blue. Subaru doesn't race white cars.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I say White & Gold. That would have been my second choice.

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
i love my wrb so much, i think the color looks retardedly amazing under certain lighting and when it's clean, it just glows.

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
WRB is the best color combination in my opinion. If i had to do it all over again i would definately get blue with gold. the other colors are nice but they also blend in very nicely. the wrb stands out because it is a unique type of blue. good luck making ur decision

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for your continuing input.

I'm completely torn.

Out of curiosity, how prone is the Aspen to rock chips? Well, i shouldn't say prone, but, well, more visible to the chips. I plan on getting a clear-bra right after i get the car for the lower doors, partial hood, and front bumper.

For those with the WRB, how easy is it to accumulate swirl marks?

TIA,

Mike

BTW- STI 4 Daddy...thanks...i love the E30 :) :)

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
the problem with the white is that it's white...you can see so much dirt on it etc and it is very prone to chipping and road debris..i think they look great...but go with your first instinct and what really hit you the most which obviously is blue.

you're also putting to many other meaningless factors in the decision such as "oh the blue is everywhere" etc.

picking a color isn't hard, i know when i had an 04 wrx i had black....loved the color, looked great clean...but it was too hard to take care of, got hot really fast and it just wasn't me.

the blue makes me jizz.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts