IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 448 Posts

·
Banned
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured since I spend so much time on IWSTI compared to EvoM I might as well create a journal on here.

* I have no photography skills and all photos were taken with my cell phone.:D

Basic stage 2 pro tuned STI. (Best car I have ever owned by far) 241 WHP 281 WTQ
* Catless Invidia V2 DP
* Greddy Ti-C CBE
* Cobb AP
* Tuned by Revolutions Performance

Basic "stage 2" Pro tuned Evo 339 WHP 389 WTQ
* Perrin DP
* Perrin test pipe
* Perrin CBE
* Perrin MBC
* AEM CAI
* Greddy BOV 100% recirculating (failed leading to a massive boost leak)
* Forge BOV 100% recirculating
* Walbro fuel pump
* Tuned by Tobz Performance

Wish list
- 800-1000 CC injectors
- E85 tune
- Cams, not sure how agressive yet
- Cam gears
- Turbo timer
- JDM rear bumper

Not to rag on the STI but it's nice to finally have some decent seats.

Dirty engine bay:p

My buddy just picked up a new, right off the truck 2010 WRX. It has less than 10 miles on it in these pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
I joke about it all the time man lol. Once I go E85 the power is going to go up quite a bit which could spell trouble for the fragile MR transmission. :(
For stage 2, those are some nice numbers though.

Your tranny may be so-so, but at least you got a less fragile motor. :mad: How much power can the tranny take before it lets go?

·
Banned
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For stage 2, those are some nice numbers though.

Your tranny may be so-so, but at least you got a less fragile motor. :mad: How much power can the tranny take before it lets go?
People are saying they do 450 AWHP and around the same WTQ with no problems other than upgrading the clutch. If that is true I'm set since I'm not planning on that much WHP and WTQ anytime soon. I'm not holding my breath though, the reason I got the STI over the EVO originally was because of the suck *** transmission in the EVO.

·
Registered
278 Posts
People are saying they do 450 AWHP and around the same WTQ with no problems other than upgrading the clutch. If that is true I'm set since I'm not planning on that much WHP and WTQ anytime soon. I'm not holding my breath though, the reason I got the STI over the EVO originally was because of the suck *** transmission in the EVO.
So up to 450 as a DD is safe? It won't let go eventually even at that power level? The new EVO X MR I hear is much worse, only 350 to the wheels and a pray.

I don't know what is worse, having to get a new tranny or build your motor. I took my chances with the STI, at least I don't have to worry about the tranny just yet.

·
Banned
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So up to 450 as a DD is safe? It won't let go eventually even at that power level? The new EVO X MR I hear is much worse, only 350 to the wheels and a pray.

I don't know what is worse, having to get a new tranny or build your motor. I took my chances with the STI, at least I don't have to worry about the tranny just yet.
To tell you the truth, no fanboy stuff here. I would much rather drop the transmission and transfer case and have Shep or another similar shop build it up. It's cheaper and after you do it once you really shouldn't have to do it again unless you really build the car up to crazy power levels. I think you can get a rebuilt transmission and TC for around $2k which really isn't that bad.

·
Registered
278 Posts
To tell you the truth, no fanboy stuff here. I would much rather drop the transmission and transfer case and have Shep or another similar shop build it up. It's cheaper and after you do it once you really shouldn't have to do it again unless you really build the car up to crazy power levels. I think you can get a rebuilt transmission and TC for around $2k which really isn't that bad.
2k isn't bad at all.

Your car looks like it was kept well for an 06, the interior is nice too.

·
Banned
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2k isn't bad at all.

Your car looks like it was kept well for an 06, the interior is nice too.
Thanks, it only had 26k miles on it when I got it so it was barely driven the past 3 and a half years. Still had the factory stickers on the door which you can see in one of the pictures above.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks, it only had 26k miles on it when I got it so it was barely driven the past 3 and a half years. Still had the factory stickers on the door which you can see in one of the pictures above.
Lucky prick. :mad: :tup:

If I didn't get my 07 STI, that would be the exact car I would be after, same color and everything. I hope you got a good deal on it, they hold a high resale.

·
Banned
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got it for $24.5, thought it was a decent deal considering they wanted $26k originally. The Porsche dealer down the road has an 06 SE Evo with 21k miles and they want $29k for it. :eek:

You liking the Evo X seats? How do you like them compared to my seats?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Got it for $24.5, thought it was a decent deal considering they wanted $26k originally. The Porsche dealer down the road has an 06 SE Evo with 21k miles and they want $29k for it. :eek:

You liking the Evo X seats? How do you like them compared to my seats?

24k is a good deal on a clean car like that.

The X seats are a big improvement over the STI seats, much tighter, more firm, and more leg room. They weren't plug and play though, I had to do some "things" to get them to fit properly. I never sat in the EVO 9 seats, but some say they are better than the X seats. I will tell you that the EVO X MR seats are amazing, yum yum. I sat in those and was in heaven, but I of course can't find anyone parting those out.

1 - 20 of 448 Posts